Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    You're correct about the "to" as the sentence was going in a different direction until I did a cut and paste and missed by a word. However, I'm still not sure what you see as incorrect in the following exchange (grammar in both cases corrected):

You're right. ...
    I'm right?

I'll take my four university degrees over your Pickyunose GED any day, thanks.
    Although I have a degree in literature, I'm not a grammar Nazi. I learned early on not to pester folks about mistakes made while typing quickly. HOWEVER, what I find totally offensive is the attitude displayed with your condescending remarks about your degrees vs anyone else's on this board.

You can make your "Pogo" remarks all day, but they reflect badly on you---not anyone else. Lacarnut can more than ably defend himself; he doesn't need my help. But I find it aggravating for someone to brag about his _________ (fill in the blanks. there are so many brags). You could tell us you have 15 degrees. Who knows if it's true, and more importantly, who cares?

You can write well. There's no need to continuously try to impress.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Although I have a degree in literature, I'm not a grammar Nazi. I learned early on not to pester folks about mistakes made while typing quickly. HOWEVER, what I find totally offensive is the attitude displayed with your condescending remarks about your degrees vs anyone else's on this board.

You can make your "Pogo" remarks all day, but they reflect badly on you---not anyone else. Lacarnut can more than ably defend himself; he doesn't need my help. But I find it aggravating for someone to brag about his _________ (fill in the blanks. there are so many brags). You could tell us you have 15 degrees. Who knows if it's true, and more importantly, who cares?

You can write well. There's no need to continuously try to impress.
    If you read the post carefully you'll note that it was not me that brought my degrees into this thread:

Originally Posted by lackhisnuts
    Correction for better comprehension; Poor syntax and grammar are indicators of an inability TO form coherent thoughts and analysis.

You need to get a refund for those degrees that you acquired because your English writing skills suck. Wrong use of a question mark and now this.
    Moreover, it you should chose to read, you'll also note that it was not me that brought prostitution into the banking thread yesterday, but rather the same culprit.

I think you need to direct your santimonious "outrage" elsewhere.

If you read the post carefully you'll note that it was not me that brought my degrees into this thread:

Moreover, it you should chose to read, you'll also note that it was not me that brought prostitution into the banking thread yesterday, but rather the same culprit.

I think you need to direct your santimonious "outrage" elsewhere.
    Spelling error. :D

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

Banned
    Spelling error. :D
    Indeed. Many people, including myself, make typos (as here) and spelling errors. When spelling words I'm unsure of (or "of which I'm unsure" if you prefer), I generally try to use an online dictionary or to simply google the word to ensure that it's correct.

That is, however, fundamentally different than not knowing the difference between such words as "their" and "there" as this reflects a lack of knowledge of such basic linquistic concepts such as case, noun declensions, verb conjugations, etc. Since most of us "left brained" people form thought and argument using linquistic units rather than visual forms, the inability to at least intuitively grasp this concepts is a true impediment to logical thought.

Indeed. Many people, including myself, make typos (as here) and spelling errors. When spelling words I'm unsure of (or "of which I'm unsure" if you prefer), I generally try to use an online dictionary or to simply google the word to ensure that it's correct.

That is, however, fundamentally different than not knowing the difference between such words as "their" and "there" as this reflects a lack of knowledge of such basic linquistic concepts such as case, noun declensions, verb conjugations, etc. Since most of us "left brained" people form thought and argument using linquistic units rather than visual forms, the inability to at least intuitively grasp this concepts is a true impediment to logical thought.
    Brevity is the soul of wit.
    William Shakespeare

"

Banned
    William Shakespeare
    Wow, you certainly seem proud of knowing that one Shakespeare quote. Good on ya'.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    William Shakespeare
    I hate Shakespeare. That is all.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    Labled a racist for reading a book about the defeat of racism?
    That's exactly what a nation under Obama will look like.
    I've been following this story for some time. It's really chilling on a lot of levels. People are losing their ability to tolerate legal behaviors. The illiterate coworkers who became "offended" by the act of reading an anti-KKK book should have been instantly humiliated, not rewarded, by the administration. Worse yet was the slavish pandering of the school even in the face of factual rebuttal.

How can a society trust a higher education system that fails to use any kind of critical thinking in its own management structure?

The big Cheese
    Wow, you certainly seem proud of knowing that one Shakespeare quote. Good on ya'.
    Do you have to be a cock gobbeling asshole every damm day?

You sir are a fucking asshole.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    Do you have to be a cock gobbeling asshole every damm day?

You sir are a fucking asshole.....
    I'm overwhelmed by your wit and verbal dexterity. Thank you, "sir." Coming from you, that's a true compliment.