Thread: Parents who ferry children must have anti-paedophile checks_(soccer moms suspects)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Parents who ferry children must have anti-paedophile checks_(soccer moms suspects) 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Parents who give lifts to other children from sports and social clubs face prosecution if they fail to register with the Government’s new anti-paedophile database.
    Any formal agreement to ferry youngsters to and from the likes of Scouts, dance classes or local football matches, even if only once a month, will fall under the Government’s new Vetting and Barring Scheme.
    It means anyone who fails to register and have their backgrounds checked faces a fine of up to £5,000 and a criminal record.
    Parents who help children read in class or those who host foreign pupils as part of school exchange trips will also have to be vetted by the new Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) and undergo criminal record checks.
    School governors, dentists, pharmacists, prison officers and even dinner ladies are among the huge list of people who will now fall under the scheme, which starts to be rolled out next month and will eventually cover 11.3 million people.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...le-checks.html

It says any FORMAL agreement.. So just keep it informal...

But on another note, I really liked it when the government had me in very few databases.. It seems these the various governments want more and more information from you..
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

My church started doing criminal record checks on all the volunteers-they always did them on the Sunday School teachers and all who volunteered with kids, but changed that to all volunteers a couple of years ago. I had to sign a waiver. I've had them done on my for work, though, like all state employees and those who worked retail in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My church started doing criminal record checks on all the volunteers-they always did them on the Sunday School teachers and all who volunteered with kids, but changed that to all volunteers a couple of years ago. I had to sign a waiver. I've had them done on my for work, though, like all state employees and those who worked retail in the past.
    Thats a private organization doing that though, they have every right to know about whose working for them. It's not the Federal Government coming down and saying they'll prosecute you if you don't do this and drive your neighbors kid to school.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It's not the Federal Government coming down and saying they'll prosecute you if you don't do this and drive your neighbors kid to school.
    Has anyone noticed that this article is about Britain?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Meh, same differance.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I did. But there is just as much dependency on the stupid registries and clearances that assume anyone who wants to work with kids is a pedophile until they prove that they have not yet be caught yet. The whole point is not to protect the kids - but to protect the establishment from lawsuits.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    <megs>

What a waste of time! We only need to worry about the gay parents! Even then its probably too late, as theyve already had their way with them! Beware!

</megs>

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    <megs>

What a waste of time! We only need to worry about the gay parents! Even then its probably too late, as theyve already had their way with them! Beware!

</megs>
    Go piss up a rope!

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Meh, same differance.
    He's right. What goes over there, hits our shores in 10 years or so. It causes an unintended consequence of only "vetted" people being willing to help out. Eventually, that means only government people.

This despite the fact that in our country anyway, the vast majority of authority figures who sexually molest children are public school teachers - not religious authority figures, private school teachers, or neighbors.

After the lovers/friends of mothers, it's public school teachers.