Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 RaginginMiami is back! (Found Guilty) 
    I had almost forgotten about Carlos Miller. He was found guilty on his last case and apparently is back into mischief.
    Miller informed the blogosphere of his results -- guilty on resisting arrest without violence. He was found not guilty on disobeying a police officer and disorderly conduct. The prosecutor asked that Miller receive three months probation and pay the court costs, instead Judge Jose L. Fernandez slapped Miller with a one-year probation, 100 hours of community service and $540.50 in court fees.
    SO, he is at it again

RagingInMiami Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-16-08 10:09 AM
    Original message
    My night in jail after photographing police against their wishes

The most humiliating part of my arrest was not necessarily the way the five Miami police officers slammed me down on the hard sidewalk and bashed my forehead against the concrete. Nor was it the way they tightened the handcuffs on me until they cut off the circulation in my wrists. Nor was it the way one officer twisted my right wrist backwards until I yelled out in pain. Nor was it the way an officer threatened to taze me if I did not shut my mouth.
    It wasn’t even the way the sergeant taunted me at the precinct by saying, “I don’t know what police department you’re used to dealing with, but this is Miami PD and we don’t put up with that kind of crap here.”

No, the most humiliating part of my arrest was when I was ordered into a small dark room at the Miami-Dade County Jail and ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks while a jail guard with a flashlight ensured that I was not smuggling any contraband into the jail.

Read the rest of the story here.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Damn Nazi police state! /DU mode

Actually I think that the most humiliating part should be when he disobeyed the police when they told him to move along. It also says a lot when the judge gives out a harsher sentence than what the prosecutor was asking for. That doens't happen often and RIM should find that pretty humiliating too!

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks
    What is he complaining about? He just achieved the highest level of nirvana for a DUmp monkey.

Edit: he just inspired my new signature stinger.
    Last edited by jinxmchue; 07-16-2008 at 11:32 AM.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Apparently Carlos' reputation precedes him!

(From his blog)

Judge Jose L. Fernandez, who turned out to have an extreme contempt for me, was unable to answer that question, even though he had asked if I had any questions after the verdict was read.

Instead, Fernandez said I was guilty of obstructing traffic, the single charge the jury was not allowed to rule on because it is considered a traffic infraction and not a misdemeanor charge.

Although prosecutor Ignacio Vazquez was (thankfully) asking for only three months probation and court costs, Fernandez slammed me with one year of probation, 100 hours of community service, anger management class and $540.50 in court costs.

I hate to see what I would have received had the prosecutor asked for jail time and had the jury found me guilty of three misdemeanors instead of one.

Fernandez said something to the effect of “your non-remorse in this case appalls me” as well as laying into me about by body language and demeanor during the trial not to mention the “chit-chat” between me and my “fans”, which actually were my aunt and my mom.

He accused me of getting arrested on purpose for the sole purpose of launching a blog and becoming a “hero”. He then reminded me that the real heroes are buried in Arlington who fought for my freedoms and suggested that I pay a visit to the cemetery

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    What is he complaining about? He just achieved the highest level of nirvana for a DUmp monkey.
    He's lucky he didnt get any serious jail time when sentenced. He would of heard drop your pants, bend over and spread your cheeks 3 or 4 times a week from his cell mate.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    He accused me of getting arrested on purpose for the sole purpose of launching a blog and becoming a “hero”. He then reminded me that the real heroes are buried in Arlington who fought for my freedoms and suggested that I pay a visit to the cemetery.
    That judge is a smart man.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Fernandez slammed me with one year of probation, 100 hours of community service, anger management class and $540.50 in court costs.
    Somehow, I think his presence at DU will completely reverse anything from the anger management class.

Fernandez said something to the effect of “your non-remorse in this case appalls me” as well as laying into me about by body language and demeanor during the trial
    Sounds like a good judge. RIMjob's disdain for the police and judicial system was obvious from day one. Glad the judge noted this and sentenced RIMjob accordingly.

He accused me of getting arrested on purpose for the sole purpose of launching a blog and becoming a “hero”. He then reminded me that the real heroes are buried in Arlington who fought for my freedoms and suggested that I pay a visit to the cemetery.
    [/QUOTE]

A very good judge indeed!
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Neocon repugs salute State while trampling Constitution

But every once in a while, they manage to get loose, as they did this week when a horde of neocon repugs escaped the neanderthaloic Conservative Cave website to swarm my blog in order to mock me for my less than perfect verdict.

They found out about my trial on Democratic Underground, a site I used to post with much frequency until I discovered the joys of blogging.

These neocons remember me because a couple of years ago, they invited me over to their sister site, Conservative Underground, for a debate. They piled on me with the usual load of rubbish right-wing talking points. When I started responding with sensible liberal arguments, they kicked me off their site.

I didn’t take it personally because DU always kicks neocons off its site. Because of the strict discriminatory practices on both sites, the two sides rarely get to debate.

So when the neocon repugs saw the DU thread about my verdict, which lead to my blog post, they wet their dockers because this would allow them to bash a liberal on a site that does not practice such harsh discriminatory practices.

This prompted a few of my DU teammates to pop in for a round or two with the neocon repugs, who were saying I got what I received because I refused to abide by the police authorit-tay.

So before I knew it, my blog was Ground Zero of a comment war. If anybody remembers the original article Rebecca Wakefield posted on the now defunct Category305.com about my arrest, then you might remember the heavy comment war between DU and CU forced the site’s server to crash.
    http://carlosmiller.com/2008/06/19/n...-constitution/

He was here??

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Neocon repugs salute State while trampling Constitution

http://carlosmiller.com/2008/06/19/n...-constitution/

He was here??
    Yes, he was here for a brief time. He had his ass handed to him and crawled back to the safety of the DUmp. If we only had the archives. :(