Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Somehow I doubt that. There are people here who know who you were and, eventually one of them will spill the beans, as it were. However, since every other word you post isn't s**t, f**k, a**hole, etc., I also doubt that you're my friend, Clietus.
    hahahahahahaha. :p
    “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Simply shows you weren't around during the heady days of the Texas Modifying Mod, wherein posts were changed, not fixed. Too bad, but he's still around going under the name of "Bilko," or something similar.
    Oh, I think I vaguely remember that now. I'm better with events than with names.

But I still don't understand how the reference applies to me.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Oh, I think I vaguely remember that now. I'm better with events than with names.

But I still don't understand how the reference applies to me.

He tried to make a funny calling you Texasradioguy. Who I have no idea about since I'm a noob fresh off the boat. :D

Its best not to dwell on it. He made some reference to Zaf about something to do with TV and comic books or something, that was supposed to be insulting and I was an idiot for not getting it. Just shake your head up and down and he will mumble something about "chatting up a lovely lady at the bar" and move on. :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    He tried to make a funny calling you Texasradioguy. Who I have no idea about since I'm a noob fresh off the boat. :D

Its best not to dwell on it. He made some reference to Zaf about something to do with TV and comic books or something, that was supposed to be insulting and I was an idiot for not getting it. Just shake your head up and down and he will mumble something about "chatting up a lovely lady at the bar" and move on. :D
    Actually, the Zaphod reference, from which I supose the poster here derives his name, was a book before it was a TeeVee show, in fact a series of five books.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    Dropping your pants and speading your cheeks is now a prerequisite for DU membership, according to SkinnerBox. Don't forget to say Thank You Sir, RagininMiami.
    the problem with this is that the Dems keep asking "Thank you , sir! .........may I have another!"

Patent Member
    Actually, the Zaphod reference, from which I supose the poster here derives his name, was a book before it was a TeeVee show, in fact a series of five books.
    Actually it was a trilogy. But it was first a radio program before it was a series of books.

Try to get your facts right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Actually it was a trilogy. But it was first a radio program before it was a series of books.

Try to get your facts right.
    Counselor. Read my post. As I indicated, it was a book before it was a TV show. I said nothing about the BBC radio show, nor did my post imply that that was the "first incarnation." As to it being a "trilogy," as I indicated it was five books...

The novels are described as "a trilogy in five parts", having been described as a trilogy on the release of the third book, and then a "trilogy in four parts" on the release of the fourth book.
    The five books are:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Life, the Universe and Everything
    So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
    Mostly Harmless

The latter two were not adaptions of the original radio show, but were written by Adams as an extension of the book series.

You actually get paid to represent people's facts to a court? Amazing!

Patent Member
    Douglas Adams referred to it as an "increasingly inappropriately named trilogy."

There was also a sixth book - Young Zaphod Plays it Safe - but it is often overlooked (for good reason).

Saying that Zaphod is a reference from the books without acknowledging the radio series is like saying "Gollum" is a reference taken from "The Hobbit."

I will defer to your superior experience with loose women, booze, and STDs, but please try to refrain from assertions outside of your specialties.

And no, I don't represent facts to a court.

Banned
    Douglas Adams referred to it as an "increasingly inappropriately named trilogy."

There was also a sixth book - Young Zaphod Plays it Safe - but it is often overlooked (for good reason).
    I honestly don't know what you're on about. As I originally said, the series was five books. To refer to it simply as a "trilogy," while acknowledging the author's various puns on the word as the books expanded, is simply incorrect when taken in the literal sense. It's also my understanding that the sixth book was not completed, but I could be wrong about that.

Saying that Zaphod is a reference from the books without acknowledging the radio series is like saying "Gollum" is a reference taken from "The Hobbit."
    Since the radio series precedes the books, as "The Hobbit" precedes the LOTR (in both writing and sequence) don't you mean "like saying 'Gollum' is a reference taken from the LOTR?" Regardless, the statement (that it was a book prior to being a TV series), taken in the context of the exchange, wherein JV was indicating that he was unaware of the reference since it was a TV reference, is a perfectly valid statement.

I will defer to your superior experience with loose women, booze, and STDs, but please try to refrain from assertions outside of your specialties.
    And I will defer to you on the subjects of hicks, simplistic platitudes, and shallow reasoning, so please try to refrain from assertions outside of your specialities.

And no, I don't represent facts to a court.
    Since you insist on taking the question at its literal value, let me rephrase it. You actually don't make your living in a field wherein linquistic skills and analytic reasoning are important, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Yes, he was here for a brief time. He had his ass handed to him and crawled back to the safety of the DUmp. If we only had the archives. :(
    Its hard to get kicked off CU ( very hard indeed).

But all the losers who've come over here and acted like " their sh*t don't stink " , have always crawled backed to DU and told the Denizens Of The Monkey House that they were kicked off; this way they score brown point with the Legion Of Dunces without having to do anything of substance.

We need another Thunderdome where we can debate these yoyos one on one.

Too bad DU doesn't have the balls to do a thunderdome of their own.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.