1. #1 Lefties Hate Leno. 
    If Jay Leno Wants Better Reviews He Can Start By Removing the Lapel Flag

by John Nolte

Critics love David Letterman. They love him because he’s mean and liberal and does everything they demand: further the leftist agenda through the brutal use of humiliation to target any public figure (or their child) who might derail Leftist causes.

And contrary to conventional wisdom, Letterman’s not edgy. In fact, he’s just the opposite. Doing exactly what those who can criticize you want you to do is not edgy. Kissing the big Manhattan/Los Angeles bi-coastal ass of the elite is not edgy. He’s their jester; their puppet; their bitch. Worse, he’s about as funny as watching your old, half-deaf Uncle intimidate, humiliate and demean your Aunt and then smile at the rest of the family as though he’s just reaffirmed his manhood. Letterman reminds me of the Jason Robards character in “Parenthood” in more ways than you can imagine. In other words, he’s a jerk, but in a sad end-of-his-life kind of way.

Oh, and how the elite critics resented nice ole’ Jay Leno for cleaning Letterman’s ratings’ clock all those years. And now that Jay’s back eating up primetime, they couldn’t wait to jump all over him with sniffing disapproval fed through a filter of wrist-flicking dismissal.

After exactly one show the knives came out:

L.A. Times: “Sixteen minutes into the new ‘The Jay Leno Show’ it was difficult not to panic. This is the future of television? This wasn’t even a good rendition of television past.”

New York Times: “So much ink has been devoted to describing how Mr. Leno’s new show would depart from his old one that it was startling to see how little difference there was.”

NPR: [N]o one expected Leno to reinvent the wheel. It’s just that after so many years on the job, you’d expect he’d make a better one.

(For those of you unfamiliar with these organizations, the first two once had a reputation for doggedly pursuing news stories and holding the powerful accountable. As far as what they do now, other than perfecting the art of thinning their publications to the edge of not disappearing, no one really knows … as far as NPR, they’ve always sucked.)

Good heavens, the L.A. Times was ready to panic after only sixteen minutes. Panic! And did anyone’s irony-alert go off when NPR criticized someone else for not reinventing the wheel? I’m surprised their review wasn’t interrupted by a twenty-minute pledge drive promising a butt-ugly tote bag and a CD of “Neil Sedaka Goes Cajun” for Premium Members.

Jay Leno scored 18 million viewers yesterday. Letterman draws around 4 million on a good night. If you like your television personalities too cool for school that’s got to be troubling – if you prefer those with a hold on the popular culture five nights a week not parade around with a United States flag (unless it’s on fire), today you’ve got to be a little frustrated. First ACORN, now this... What’s happening to my Amerika?!?!

Even worse, those five hours Jay’s eating up could’ve otherwise been used to trash Christians and Republicans on “Law & Order: God We Love Obama.”

You have to wonder if it will ever happen… If the coastal critics and their ilk will ever figure out that today they are the establishment … they are The Man … and that the only real accomplishment of the cruel little needy Letterman who bounces at the end of their string is tarnishing a long history of sell outs.

You want to be edgy in the entertainment business today? Be polite and keep the politics as across the board as possible. Walk on stage with the “edgy” goal of wanting to entertain and take away from their daily frustrations as many people as possible.

Jay Leno’s the new edgy, the new ballsy…

And that lapel flag makes him a downright iconoclast.

I didn’t see his show, but I’m pulling for him because all the right people are not.
    I don't watch a lot of late night talk shows but Leno seems like a genuinely nice guy. This piece is really spot on - bi-coastal lefties really are The Man today. Their tastes and wishes have created The Establishment. To be edgy now, you pretty much have to go to church on Sunday and not have the latest STD.

Now, that's irony that The Man can appreciate. :p

Big Hollywood

Power CUer
    "Late night" is pretty early for me. I'm no more likely to see Leno at 10 than I was at 11.30.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    I don''t think I have watched one of these late night creeps for more than 2 seconds since Carson left the air, and only watched him occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "Late night" is pretty early for me. I'm no more likely to see Leno at 10 than I was at 11.30.
    My grandparents always went to bed before nine too.

Power CUer
    I generally head to bed at 10; I might be reading or doing something else rather than sleeping, but TV is over for the day.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I 'd rather watch my dog lick his butt than waste any time watching these late night liberal hacks.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    My grandparents always went to bed before nine too.
    LOL! :D

The liberal rag, the STLPost-Dispatch, actually had a review panning Leno on the FRONT PAGE. I hate that paper.

Have to admit that I'm dsappointed in Leno's guests. On one of the first shows, he had Michael Moore singing some stupid lib song. We turned it off.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

He had a bit of a poke at ACORN yesterday.

[youtube]H2k5Yi5pboA[/youtube]