Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Homophobia in the Islamic World: The Religion of Oppression 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Homosexuality is one of the most disgusting sins and greatest crimes.... It is a vile perversion that goes against sound nature, and is one of the most corrupting and hideous sins....

The punishment for homosexuality is death. Both the active and passive participants are to be killed whether or not they have previously had sexual intercourse in the context of a legal marriage.... Some of the companions of the Prophet stated that [the perpetrator] is to be burned with fire. It has also been said that he should be stoned, or thrown from a high place." Saudi Textbook Jurisprudence (Fiqh)

When Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spoke at Columbia University two years ago, declared that there were no Homosexuals in Iran. Many people (including me) thought it a joke.

The real reason the Iranian mass-murderer said that there were no Homosexuals in Iran is that being gay in Iran is a capital offense punishable by death.

But its not just Iran and Saudi Arabia, Homosexuality is a crime in most of the fundamental Islamic world

According to a pamphlet produced by Al-Fatiha, there is a consensus among Islamic scholars that all humans are naturally heterosexual. Homosexuality is seen by scholars to be a sinful and perverted deviation from the norm.

All Islamic schools of thought and jurisprudence consider gay acts to be unlawful. The Companions of Prophet Muhammad held various views concerning punishment. The fatwa cited by IslamOnline.net states:

"....this led to different views maintained by Muslim Jurists. For example:

* In the Hanafi school of thought, the homosexual is punished through harsh beating, and if he/she repeats the act, death penalty is to be applied.

* As for the Shafi`i school of thought, the homosexual receives the same punishment of adultery (if he/she is married) or fornication (if not married). This means, that if the homosexual is married, he/she is stoned to death, while if single, he/she is whipped 100 times.

http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2009/...ligion-of.html

I thought we were the intolerant ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    "We ought to deed San Francisco to the Muslim Horde for a few weeks !"

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Wilbur and night owl wouldn't like that!

Wilbur and night owl wouldn't like that!
    I think that Wilbur is really Sir Elton Hercules John and the Owl is its consort !

I can't tell if anyone here hates them because they would kill us, or like them because they would and DO kill them.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Do you really think death is the appropriate punishment for homosexuality? This is a serious question.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I support gay people's rights and all, but I know that people who don't aren't going to change their minds about it any time soon. What I don't get about the radical gays, the kind who protest in front of churches and such, is what do they think getting in the face of those who disagree with them is going to accomplish? And if the protesters do anything that one could call assault, doesn't that make them guilty of the same thing they are accusing their opponents of doing?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I support gay people's rights and all, but I know that people who don't aren't going to change their minds about it any time soon. What I don't get about the radical gays, the kind who protest in front of churches and such, is what do they think getting in the face of those who disagree with them is going to accomplish? And if the protesters do anything that one could call assault, doesn't that make them guilty of the same thing they are accusing their opponents of doing?
    I don't actually know of any Christians who invade gay bars or clubs, shout down the DJ, and then do a little strategic property damage. I'm willing to believe it's possible that this has happened in the last 20 years but I just haven't heard about it.

I have no idea what they believe they can accomplish when they act like over-sexed toddlers in drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I don't actually know of any Christians who invade gay bars or clubs, shout down the DJ, and then do a little strategic property damage. I'm willing to believe it's possible that this has happened in the last 20 years but I just haven't heard about it.

I have no idea what they believe they can accomplish when they act like over-sexed toddlers in drag.

I don't know too many gay people from work or church who do behave that way-that's why the ones who do piss me off.