Thread: Frazzled Friday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Frazzled Friday 
    Power CUer
    I'm glad this week is over. It's drizzling and grey in the DC area this morning.

TOTD: When I was in college I worked part time at a department store to earn extra money. I hated being on my feet all day, and it was "dead boring", as the Brits would say. However, I had the liberating knowledge that, at the age of twenty, I had already had the worst job I would ever have, and they could only get better.

Whether or not you like your current job, what job would you absolutely HATE doing?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    It's an Inside the Actors Studio question!:D I could never be an exterminator.;)

A department store was your worst job? Really?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Dark and dreary in the Mid-South.

TOTD: Anything with customer service where you have to listen to people bitch and moan.

Flight attendants, ticket agents, waiters, store managers, etc... It seems like folks load up and blow off steam because they know they can get away with it to these folks.
    Last edited by Space Gravy; 09-18-2009 at 09:37 AM.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

We're still having fine weather but this can't last and it won't. Temps will slide and then tank on Monday when we won't get out of the 50s. Nighttime temps will put paid to the tender plants.

TOTD: Interesting. The worst job I actually had was landscaping. It's one thing to kill yourself on your own behalf in the garden but it's a whole different thing to kill yourself every single day for someone else's benefit. Don't get me wrong - the money was excellent and I was glad to have the job but it was killer.

In general terms, any job with a huge customer service component would be my idea of hell. I prefer to work on projects without a lot of amateur input. You can do what you want with the product when it's finished and I'll be glad to tweak if for you until it no longer functions but constant yakking and lame questions during the building/testing/deployment phase would be maddening.

You can't do any thing when it rains every dam day!:mad:

Banned
    Headed to the ear Dr. this am

TOTD: After I got out of the Army, jobs were hard to find; bricklayer's helper and installing heavy overhead sheetrock were ball busters.

Driving a hearse.

Not a bad job, really, just not for everybody.

rm -rf obama*

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It's an Inside the Actors Studio question!:D I could never be an exterminator.;)

A department store was your worst job? Really?
    Really. I hated being on my feet all day. I'd come home exhausted and throw up from the pain in my legs. A job where I can sit down is heaven.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Really. I hated being on my feet all day. I'd come home exhausted and throw up from the pain in my legs. A job where I can sit down is heaven.
    You might like driving a hearse then.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    You might like driving a hearse then.
    I feel like I'm ready to go for a ride in the back of one today!