Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Why is McCain Wasting Time at NAACP?? 
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    Earlier today, John McCain spoke at the 99th annual convention of the NAACP in Cincinnati, Ohio. During his speech, McCain touted his support for more choices in education.

That's all fine and good. But does John McCain really believe that speaking in front of the NAACP will gain him a single black vote?? And now with conservatives like J.C. Watts and Armstrong Williams actually contemplating the possibility of voting for "The Messiah", why is John McCain even wasting his time??

Banned - Not really Theo
    Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    Earlier today, John McCain spoke at the 99th annual convention of the NAACP in Cincinnati, Ohio. During his speech, McCain touted his support for more choices in education.

That's all fine and good. But does John McCain really believe that speaking in front of the NAACP will gain him a single black vote?? And now with conservatives like J.C. Watts and Armstrong Williams actually contemplating the possibility of voting for "The Messiah", why is John McCain even wasting his time??
    Every vote counts and they are people who vote. I don't think he looks at them and considers the color of their skin. I suspect they aren't "black" votes to him whatever that means.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
    Every vote counts and they are people who vote. I don't think he looks at them and considers the color of their skin. I suspect they aren't "black" votes to him whatever that means.
    I agree with that plus there some blacks will vote for McCain because of his qualifications and the tax issue.

Take in to consideration what would be said if he didn't go.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Take in to consideration what would be said if he didn't go.

The SAME stuff that will be said if he DOES go - except there will be cuts to the crowd booing or being in some way obnoxious.

It is a no - win situation for anyone the Left does not prefer.

Banned - Not really Theo
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I agree with that plus there some blacks will vote for McCain because of his qualifications and the tax issue.
    You bet. He's being heard in the community and while the message doesn't resonate with all it will with some who actually take the time to listen.

When a politician speaks to a speical interest group that I associate with I am going to tune in and hear the message.

Quote Originally Posted by mike128 View Post
    does John McCain really believe that speaking in front of the NAACP will gain him a single black vote?? And now with conservatives like J.C. Watts and Armstrong Williams actually contemplating the possibility of voting for "The Messiah", why is John McCain even wasting his time??
    The worst thing Republicans can do is to dismiss the black vote, assuming that they can't be swayed away from the Democratic party. Such action merely reinforces the idea that Republicans don't care as much about blacks as the Democrats do. The thing to do is to break the stranglehold that the Democrats have created...show blacks that they're being played by Democrats and that Republican policies will be in their best interests (which they are). Why let the Democrats get a free ride with black voters? Challenge the sensibilities of their policies in front of such groups and you're sure to sway some people who have at least a little bit of logic and common sense.

It won't have instant results, as decades of ingrained Democratic propaganda will have to be eroded, but it's certainly not a lost cause. Kudos to McCain!

Armstrong Williams? Wasn't he the one who claimed not too long ago that liberals and Democrats were secretly racists and hated blacks?

My, doesn't he look like a fool now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    Armstrong Williams? Wasn't he the one who claimed not too long ago that liberals and Democrats were secretly racists and hated blacks?

My, doesn't he look like a fool now.
    J C Watts & Armstrong Williams both stated that they were excited about the prospect of a black man becoming president. I can understand that. They said that although they do not share Obama's views on most policy issues that they MAY vote for him. We will see in Nov. A lot of folks that are not too enthusiastic about McCain will pull the lever for McCain when they get into that voting booth.

I don't place much credence in these polls or who is supporting this or that candidate; I think McCain will slaughter Obama.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff View Post
    The worst thing Republicans can do is to dismiss the black vote, assuming that they can't be swayed away from the Democratic party. Such action merely reinforces the idea that Republicans don't care as much about blacks as the Democrats do. The thing to do is to break the stranglehold that the Democrats have created...show blacks that they're being played by Democrats and that Republican policies will be in their best interests (which they are). Why let the Democrats get a free ride with black voters? Challenge the sensibilities of their policies in front of such groups and you're sure to sway some people who have at least a little bit of logic and common sense.

It won't have instant results, as decades of ingrained Democratic propaganda will have to be eroded, but it's certainly not a lost cause. Kudos to McCain!

They should not dismiss the black vote - not by a long shot, but the NAACP is a corrupt organization that is in the pocket of the Dems. It should be exposed for what it is and the legitimate groups should be held up as something to honor.