Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I don't place much credence in these polls or who is supporting this or that candidate; I think McCain will slaughter Obama.
    Yeah, when the polls say it's a dead heat, that probably means that McCain is ahead by double digits. Since the word "slaughter" may be a little harsh, maybe we should just hope that McCain ends up "cutting Obama's nuts off"??

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    They should not dismiss the black vote - not by a long shot, but the NAACP is a corrupt organization that is in the pocket of the Dems.
    Can you name ANYTHING involving Democrats that is NOT corrupt??

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff View Post

Can you name ANYTHING involving Democrats that is NOT corrupt??

Well, I've spent the last 8 hours or so researching this intensely, as well as spending the last 40 or so years at least casually examining this very question.

I must inform you that no, I cannot.

Well, I've spent the last 8 hours or so researching this intensely, as well as spending the last 40 or so years at least casually examining this very question.

I must inform you that no, I cannot.
    I rest my case! ;)

But I understand what you're saying. To attend an NAACP meeting may give the appearance that you're legitimizing such a corrupt organization, but it's got to be considered an opportunity to counter the propaganda that they constantly deliver. The good thing is that they will allow someone like John McCain to speak there, and that's a chance to reverse the brainwashing, if only minutely. If someone delivered a message to a group like Hamas or Hezbollah that opposed their viewpoint, they'd most likely end up dead. The Democrats are corrupt, but they're not THAT corrupt....yet!

Goldwater
    It doesn't hurt to go.

They should not dismiss the black vote - not by a long shot, but the NAACP is a corrupt organization that is in the pocket of the Dems. It should be exposed for what it is and the legitimate groups should be held up as something to honor.
    Exactly, he might as well be speaking in front of the DNC.

The real reason he's there is because there is only one thing a person can be accused of today that is worse than "Child Molester", and that is racist (for whites, anyway).

My wife asked me last night watching the replay of H & C, when will people put racism to bed and quit crying about who can and can't say ******? My belief is that way of thinking will stop when the madia and their ilk will shut the fuck up about race. Telling us not to think about race only reinforces thoughts about race. Example, "Don't think about vanilla ice cream for the next 10 seconds." Now what popped into your mind?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Take in to consideration what would be said if he didn't go.
    Nail-on-Head.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Nail-on-Head.
    Fuck 'em!!!! That's what's wrong now. If people would quit kissing organizations like the NAACP's asses and just say, "Fuck you, I'm not racist. I just don't like YOU!!!!!". People like Jesse and Al and yes Obama would lose what power they have.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Fuck 'em!!!! That's what's wrong now.

Canít run for president with an attitude like that. To do what McCain and Obama are doing - you have to set down, each and every day, and eat at least one shit sandwich.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Canít run for president with an attitude like that. To do what McCain and Obama are doing - you have to set down, each and every day, and eat at least one shit sandwich.
    And that's why we can't get any real leaders in Washington. Just a bunch of kiss asses.

P1: Tell'em what they want to hear. After you get elected - to Hell with them.;)