Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Sheriff Joe Arpaio subpoenas ACORN, says funds misused 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio alleged Thursday that a national community activist organization is using federal and state funds to fight his efforts to enforce immigration law.

Arpaio sent subpoenas to the local chapter and national headquarters of the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, asking for a wide array of records he says will connect the organization to a racial profiling lawsuit he is challenging in federal court.

That lawsuit was filed by the immigrant advocacy group Somos America and five Latinos, all of whom are U.S. citizens or are in the country legally, according to the suit.

They allege that Arpaio's deputies singled them out because of their skin color and that the agency has a policy, pattern and practice of racially profiling Latinos, especially during "crime suppression sweeps."

ACORN has been under fire recently after secret video revealed employees advising a pair posing as a pimp and prostitute to break tax laws and open a brothel for underaged girls.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/144537

That's not racially profiling-that's going after the races that commit the most crimes..
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

OK, I live in Maricopa county. I don't like some of what Shurf Joe does. And yes, his department DOES racially profile. Trust me, if you got brown skin and drive a work truck your chances of being pulled over rise about 1000%. I have a good friend who is a retired Marine. Born in USA. Latino. He drives a pickup with his tools for shoeing horses. He has been hassled several times by the deputies for no reason.

However, this is sort of a case of having a bad dog that should be put down but he is taking a bite out of someones ass who really NEEDS it. Go get 'em Joe :D

Before there was Sheriff Arpaio, there was Sheriff Harry Lee in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. That man took NO SHIT. A week wouldn't go by where we didn't say "Did he really do that? or "Did he really say that?. One thing is for sure, the bad guys would not screw with him. That man meant business.

I'll bet Arpaio went to the Harry Lee School of Sheriffing.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Sonnabend
    I'll bet Arpaio went to the Harry Lee School of Sheriffing.
    No, he trained in Dachau and Auschwitz.

he is elected and keeps getting re-elected . So he must be doing what the people want.
    Aint but three things in this world thats worth a solitary dime,
    But old dogs and children and watermelon wine.
    Tom T. Hall

"We're looking for illegal Mexicans, so I want all you boys to stop and check the white folks for birth certificates though, because we don't want to make it look like we're just singling the Mexicans out. Especially since we're looking for Mexican law breakers."

Sonnabend
    DJones let's not forget the man he arrested and imprisoned as an illegal alien...who was in fact a US citizen.

That's called false arrest, false imprisonment and those are FELONIES.

he and his deputies abused their authority to enforce federal immigration laws when they illegally arrested and detained a U.S. citizen and legal resident who were just driving down the road in their pickup truck.
    To say nothing of the trail of bodies he has left behind.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 09-19-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Sonnabend
    he is elected and keeps getting re-elected . So he must be doing what the people want.
    The same can be said of Hitler and Chavez.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    The same can be said of Hitler and Chavez.
    When your state is over-run with them, Sonna, you don't have a lot of choices.

rm -rf obama*