Thread: Thursday Thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sunny in VA. I don't get outside much but I think it's low 90s

TOTD: I loved Adam West.... And the problem with Keaton's character is that he was overshadowed by Nicholson's performance.....but Christian Bale owns this role forever.

for months friends tried to talk me into seeing the new Batman and I would balk. My misforutne.
    I couldn't believe how unbelievably powerful Batman Begins was and Bale took on a whole new attitude when he wore the suit.

I am really looking forward to the new one.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I'm reserving judgement on this question until I see The Dark Knight, and let me explain why.

My experience with Batman begins in the 1980s when I would get out of school and watch the Adam West show. Of course it was corny (BIFF POW SOCKO), but in retrospect, I was a sucker for corny shows like Voltron and such.

My Batman world was turned upside down when I read The Dark Knight Returns. Frank Miller "gets" Batman, and to date, I think Bale is the closest thing. However, this Batman has not passed the acid test, which is how he handles Joker.

For now, I'll say Bale, but if this movie sucks, it falls back to Keaton.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Goldwater
    Adam West was the greatest Batman there will ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I'm reserving judgement on this question until I see The Dark Knight, and let me explain why.

My experience with Batman begins in the 1980s when I would get out of school and watch the Adam West show. Of course it was corny (BIFF POW SOCKO), but in retrospect, I was a sucker for corny shows like Voltron and such.

My Batman world was turned upside down when I read The Dark Knight Returns. Frank Miller "gets" Batman, and to date, I think Bale is the closest thing. However, this Batman has not passed the acid test, which is how he handles Joker.

For now, I'll say Bale, but if this movie sucks, it falls back to Keaton.

Trust me...(inside source here) It does not suck!. I saw some raw footage of it.

This is the best Batman film ever made. And one of the top 2 comic book flicks ever made.
    :D
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Lord give me strength
    there are people who actually have an opinion on this

I'm gonna go read a book....
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Sorry, folks...and to my dearest! Won't happen again. Up early for work and I barely remembered to take the trash out for the garbage truck...anyway...my TOTD:

I loved the campy 60's series as a kid, and the equally corny cartoon (however, the revamped 90's cartoon WAS pretty cool). I have never been one of those fanatical Batmaniacs but since the comic-book was my first "book" love (and before I got bit by the actual book bug, I was drawing my own comic-books and cartoon comic-strips), i would have to say I think Bale is the best. I liked how Keaton managed to take Tim Burton's "vision" of the Dark Knight and make it his own (and prove the naysayers wrong) but Kilmer didn't do much for me (although I love most of all his work, especially his Doc Holliday) and Clooney was a disappointment. TO ME...Bale's Batman best represents the brooding, troubled yet ultimately heroic Batman. Ala Frank Miller, who breathed fresh new life into the comic in the early 80's (I was a huge fan of his Daredevil series in the early 80's) with his brilliant writing and Klaus Jansen's equally brilliant artwork. Yes, I was once a big comic-book geek. Now I am big horror book geek. :p
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Hey, this is important.

Adam West. Then Michael Keaton.

And Alfred is cool.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

One of the Bat movies is coming on now on FX.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.