Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 It's Monday...... 
    Suppose to have rain all week. Thank God, it was hotter than a fresh fucked fox in a forest fire thia weekend.

TOTD: Peanuts!!!! Get your fresh ___________ peanuts!!!!!!

How do you like yours, roasted, parched, boiled, fried, or raw? And why? Personally, I like them boiled, we call it country caviar. Next would be fried. A lot of you have probably never had them fried, but that’s hard to beat when you’re not in the mood for boiled.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    Raw, or roasted unsalted. I like the "blistery" effect as well. I'll never understand boiled.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Very rainy Monday here with locally heavy flooding. Schools and offices closed all over, including my office. Not so much high water but no running water for my office.

Power is spotty as well. We may lose our electricity sometime today.

Peanuts. Excellent topic Reb. I love peanuts. I love 'em any way they come: boiled, parched, raw, roasted, in a jar or in peanut butter.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

TOTD: Don't really eat peanuts. Not that big into nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Raw, or roasted unsalted. I like the "blistery" effect as well. I'll never understand boiled.
    I love boiled peanuts. The best are to take fresh green peanuts, wash them very very well, and then boil them until they're just right. They also should be served not long after they are boiled. I love 'em cold from the fridge and hot from the boil.

Power CUer
    But boiled peanuts are MUSHY peanuts.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    But boiled peanuts are MUSHY peanuts.
    If you boil them til they're mushy they are too cooked for me.

A lot of the boiled peanuts you get at roadside stands have been boiled too long because they are keeping them hot to sell them and it may be several hours before they sell the last ones.

When you do your own one of the pleasures of doing it is to sit around the gas cooker outside under a tree and drink beer and taste peanuts until they are just right. Then you take them up.

Folks like them different ways so you may take some up for people who like them firmer and let the rest cook for the folks who like them softer.

A peanut boil or a low country boil is as much a social event as it is a preparation of food.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I don't eat peanuts.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I don't eat peanuts.
    Not even peanut butter? :eek:

It's dark, cold, and rainy here with snow in the forecast for some elevations. I had to stop and put an air in my tire this morning and Mr. Snaps had to stay home to take Daisy to the vet. This is not shaping up to be my best morning.

TOTD: Peanuts are just crunchy beans. I'm not that wild about them but they make good squirrel bait.