Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Provoked by a previous thread and just for fun.. Post your wedding band... 
    I wear a size 11 Titanium ring that mixes well with my job as an engineer...

Show your bling....
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

I haven't had mine on for twenty seven years.

Power CUer
    Well, there goes my topic for Friday- the TOTD was going to be thoughts about wearing wedding rings: "Are women who go out un-banded really trampy?" as though the wedding ring were a metallic burqa of some kind. It's only recently that men really started wearing wedding bands for the most part; my father wore (and still wears) his, but that was more unusual for his generation.

My wedding ring has 18 diamonds channel-set in pairs, in 18k yellow gold, and a 2 carat sapphire set in another band of 18 diamonds channel-set in 18k yellow gold.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Well, there goes my topic for Friday- the TOTD was going to be thoughts about wearing wedding rings: "Are women who go out un-banded really trampy?" as though the wedding ring were a metallic burqa of some kind. It's only recently that men really started wearing wedding bands for the most part; my father wore (and still wears) his, but that was more unusual for his generation.

My wedding ring has 18 diamonds channel-set in pairs, in 18k yellow gold, and a 2 carat sapphire set in another band of 18 diamonds channel-set in 18k yellow gold.
    Oh, I was afraid you were going to go down this disgusting feminist bondage road that would make me want to vomit....

The idea of men wearing wedding rings more recently makes perfect sense if you think of how things were just a generation or two ago-it was not appropriate for a woman to come onto a man, so it was almost always the man asking the lady out.. Now that we've gotten to the point where women feel okay being forward and asking the man out, he, too, needs a way to show his status.. C'mon, Linda..

When my ex-wife and I used to go out all the time to clubs, some of her female friends would wear rings on their ring finger just to cut down on the number of men hitting on them..
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar

You can still use that one. This is a ring pic thread.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    When my ex-wife and I used to go out all the time to clubs, some of her female friends would wear rings on their ring finger just to cut down on the number of men hitting on them..
    I get hit on more when I'm wearing a ring. The only thing wearing a ring does when you aren't married/engaged is give you an excuse to say no.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

In about 3 weeks my wife and I will have lived together for 24 years. The end of Nov we will have been married 20 years. The first few years we didn't have anything. So when we got married we didn't have wedding bands.We didn't have anything really. We didn't take a honeymoon. We got married at the court house in the morning, had lunch and went back to work after lunch.

In the last 20 years out income has increased by a factor of 10. No exaggeration, a factor of 10. We still have never had a honeymoon or gotten wedding bands.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Power CUer
    I agree with Shannon. StSinner thinks it's an automatic talisman of sorts; it isn't.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Oh, I was afraid you were going to go down this disgusting feminist bondage road that would make me want to vomit....
    Not at all. If anything, you've expressed that I have TOO MANY rings (you called me high maintenance, I believe). If I hadn't wanted to wear a ring, I would not have, and that would not have affected whether I was married or not.

Not at all. If anything, you've expressed that I have TOO MANY rings (you called me high maintenance, I believe). If I hadn't wanted to wear a ring, I would not have, and that would not have affected whether I was married or not.
    You mentioned the, "metallic burqa.."