Thread: Lutheran bishop warns about withholding donations

1. #1 Lutheran bishop warns about withholding donations 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Now Why In The World Would They Support A Church That Betrayed The Gospel ?"

The presiding bishop of the nation's largest Lutheran denomination warned Wednesday that withholding financial support to protest a recent gay clergy vote would be "devastating" to the church.
    Bishop Mark Hanson laid out his concerns in a letter to leaders of the 4.7 million-member Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, which is based in Chicago.
    The ELCA churchwide assembly voted last month to allow gays and lesbians in committed relationships to serve as clergy, dropping a requirement that gay clergy remain celibate.
    The Rev. Mark Chavez, director of Lutheran CORE, said the gay clergy vote was the devastating event "a..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090923/...N1bHQEc2VjA3Ny

I'd give my money elsewhere.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

And it is crap like this why I left my ELCA church long ago. I now belong to a good Missouri Synod Lutheran Church.

I guess they should have considered that before they decided that they could so casually set aside God's word.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I guess they should have considered that before they decided that they could so casually set aside God's word.
    Yeah, they're learning the lesson the TEC has found so painful over the past 8 years or so.