1. #1 Why the Left Hates Glenn Beck 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Why the Left Hates Glenn Beck

The left says Glenn Beck must be stopped.
    (He's been collecting liberal scalps and they won't stand for it)

Beck, a media giant who commanders not just the radio but television, books and even comedy halls nationwide, is starting to collect liberal scalps. And the left, along with their chums in the mainstream media, won’t stand for it.

Witness Time magazine’s latest cover story -- “Mad Man: Is Glenn Beck Bad for America” -- merely the most visible attempt to destroy/silence/marginalize the populist talker.

For the last few years the left and the press would take shots at Beck, but never in a concerted fashion. He simply could be ignored, and they had bigger fish to fry, like the long-reigning king of conservative talk radio, Rush Limbaugh.

Things changed when Beck shifted from CNN to Fox News, just in time to comment on the policies of a new Democratic administration.

Beck caught fire, both with his commentaries and with his growing fan base. He even took to the road for another comedy tour, blending mainstream humor with his political jabs.

A few Beck bestsellers later, and he officially became a media empire.

But the talker’s ability to take down his targets changed the dynamics -- and the ferocity of the attacks against him. Beck led the charge against Van Jones, the so-called green czar appointed by the White House to help the economy transition toward a more environmentally friendly economy. Jones’ old group, Color of Change, had started a boycott against Beck’s Fox News show after Beck said Obama hates white people.

Beck did some snooping around -- google.com comes in pretty handy -- and found Jones’ radical past. A short while later, Jones was among the many Americans facing unemployment.

Beck also helped promote the sting videos against ACORN from big government.com that caused that mighty community organizing group to lose its Census connection -- and possibly its government funding.

Thus the Time magazine piece was born. Suffice to say Time would never ask if Michael Moore was hurting America, even though Moore traffics in questionable truths, delivers emotional pleas that make Beck's crying jags look stoic and the kind of argumentative talk that certainly mirrors Beck’s rants..

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=33653

I was big Beck fan even back when he playing on the dark side(MSNBC). He scares the crap out of the left because he is able to motivate people to really get up and get involved not just sit on their butts complaining. The left would win if all the opposition did was whine about the current state of affairs. But get them on their feet, and motivated and the left has a MUCH tougher road to hoe.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I was big Beck fan even back when he playing on the dark side(MSNBC). He scares the crap out of the left because he is able to motivate people to really get up and get involved not just sit on their butts complaining. The left would win if all the opposition did was whine about the current state of affairs. But get them on their feet, and motivated and the left has a MUCH tougher road to hoe.
    I thought he was on HLN. I don't remember him on BSNBC.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I thought he was on HLN. I don't remember him on BSNBC.
    I could be wrong. He was the only reason I watched the other channel. I'd switch the channel to his show and then turn it off as soon as it ended. I always felt a little dirty clicking on it with the remote but I thought the ends justified the means in this case. Sort of what I feel when I click on Lou Dobbs program. I really like Lou Dobbs but I do wish he'd get the hell off CNN.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.