#1 Glenn Beck’s newest book Arguing with Idiots released this week.
09-24-2009, 01:20 AM
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
Glenn Beck's secret formula for winning arguments against people with big mouths and small minds: knowing the facts -- and he's got them! Arguing With Idiots by Glenn Beck
The renowned television and radio host Glenn Beck has made a momentous discovery. Beck, author of the #1 New York Times bestsellers An Inconvenient Book and Glenn Beck's Common Sense, has found the secret formula for how to win arguments -- not just once or twice, but every time -- against people with big mouths but small minds. You know, the type of people who are more loudmouthed and assertive than ever in Barack Obama's America.
Beck also offers spirited and incisive defenses to attacks on capitalism and the Second Amendment (as well as the U.S. Constitution in general), while exploding common liberal myths about education, America's energy future, unions, illegal immigration, economics, universal health care, and more. Arguing with Idiots is an all-purpose primer for answering the addled Leftists who hide behind clichés and stereotypes, and use bumper sticker slogans as a substitute for common sense. If you know someone who fits the bill – and we all do -- then Arguing with Idiots will help you silence them once and for all with the ultimate weapon: the truth.
Glenn Beck helps you answer the Loony Left:
* The Post Office: a perfect example of how government meddling can prevent an organization from ever reaching its full potential
* Why the people who believe that our politicians can be trained to run government more efficiently are wrong
* How French socialism has created an unsustainable society that the United States should avoid imitating at all costs
* Why nothing illustrates the battle between the good forces of individual liberty and the destructive, idiotic forces of collectivism better than the ongoing battle over the Second Amendment
* The shocking statement by the Violence Policy Center that reveals the amazing dishonesty of the gun-grabbers
* How the statistical games played by gun prohibitionists are more creative than Charlie Rangel's excuses for why he didn't follow the tax laws he was in charge of writing
* Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac must go: why the government should have no involvement whatsoever in the business of home ownership
* Revealed: how some of the biggest opponents of alternative energy happen to be members of the green movement
* How the progressive methodology that dominates American public discourse today values empathy over fact
* Proof: when the government tries to influence Americans' energy consumption, it is usually with disastrous results
* How we have gone from a world in which labor unions sacrificed for the right of all American workers to collect a fair wage to a world where Big Labor sacrifices its workers in exchange for more power and influence
* Ignored: numerous disquieting incidents of Islamic terrorists crossing into the United States from Mexico
* How bringing up the fact that a few of the millions of illegal immigrants in the U.S. might be terrorists will get you labeled a fearmonger and a racist -- and what we must do to protect our nation despite these smear attacks
* The universal Nanny State: how the one thing that liberals, conservatives, communists, capitalists, vegetarians, teetotalers, pet lovers, bureaucrats, Republicans and Democrats can all agree on, it is telling you how to live your life
* How most Nanny State laws aimed at protecting our children do a lousy job of it
* Why it may not be the soundest economic idea to buy a home
* The only three sectors of the economy that have created jobs since 2007 -- and what they reveal about the state of our government and society today
* How we can (and must) balance the budget without burying the rich in taxes
* Why government spending as an economic stimulus is an illusion
* What we could have told every business and every worker in America that would have made the economy expand faster than it has ever expanded in American history
* The real culprit responsible for the outrageous growth of government beyond all of its Constitutional boundaries
* How creating and implementing progressive government programs to solve problems only leads to more government control
* The President who shredded the First Amendment, arresting thousands of people for speaking out against the policies of his Administration -- almost a hundred years ago
* The one simple rule that Republicans in Congress need to remember before signing on to Obama-lite but expensive health care plans
* Why it's not precisely true that America is the "richest country in the world" -- and why this matters
* How the highest-quality health care system on the planet is the product of free-market capitalism, and we would be fools to dismantle it
* How unrestricted illegal immigration is in plain violation of the Fourteenth Amendment
* The Constitution and Bill of Rights in plain English that even a liberal can understand
09-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Here's a commercial for the book...love the last part because it describes what you'd have to do to the DUmmys perfectly...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIrG7VLxTIUSolve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
09-24-2009, 11:36 AM
I LOVE - simply LOVE - the alternative use for this book!! :DStand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
09-28-2009, 09:50 PM
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
09-29-2009, 12:16 AM
There's a fundamental problem with this book and that is that idiots will never accept your argument no matter how many facts you give them. Always remember, liberals and leftists base their opinions on emotion and not fact or logic. This is why in every program they try to pass they raise the "for the children and the poor" angle.The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|