Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Is it Thursday Already Thread? (Part Deux) 
    Weather here is nice but a little hot. For all the rain that has been coming down north of here, we are getting only a little. Just enough to keep the afternoons from becoming to hot.

TOTD: Were does the time go? Not only can I not believe it's Thursday already we're getting near the end of September. This year is just flying by? Is it me or does each year seem to go by quicker than the year before. Some one once told me that this was because each year represents a smaller portion of our lives. When we were 10 the a year was one tenth the time we'd been on Earth. At 48 a year is just one forty-eighth for our life. That makes sense in a mathematical way but I'm not necessarily buying it. What do you think?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

We saw a giant yellow gas ball in the sky this morning - the Old Ones claim this is normal but I have my doubts.

TOTD: I've always bought into the explanation you gave - it's a percentage thing. That's why when you do something completely novel, time seems to stretch out compared to when you're doing something that you've done exactly the same way 1,000 times before.

Today's high will be around 95 with very low humidity. Our city has a Fall Festival/Rodeo this weekend & I want a freshly dipped & coooked corn dog.

TOTD: Time flies, even when you are not having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    Today's high will be around 95 with very low humidity. Our city has a Fall Festival/Rodeo this weekend & I want a freshly dipped & coooked corn dog.

TOTD: Time flies, even when you are not having fun.
    I grew up in Carson City...where abouts are you at in good ol' NV?
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaguns91 View Post
    I grew up in Carson City...where abouts are you at in good ol' NV?
    South, near Las Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    TOTD: Were does the time go? Not only can I not believe it's Thursday already we're getting near the end of September. This year is just flying by? Is it me or does each year seem to go by quicker than the year before. Some one once told me that this was because each year represents a smaller portion of our lives. When we were 10 the a year was one tenth the time we'd been on Earth. At 48 a year is just one forty-eighth for our life. That makes sense in a mathematical way but I'm not necessarily buying it. What do you think?
    I think that time flies when you least want it to.

South, near Las Vegas.
    Ah, that explains the hot weather. Dad and I used to go deer hunting in southern NV when I was really young, but I couldn't tell you where.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaguns91 View Post
    Ah, that explains the hot weather. Dad and I used to go deer hunting in southern NV when I was really young, but I couldn't tell you where.
    I would think it would be too hot for deer in southern NV. Interesting.

I'm very odd when it comes to time, I have "almost" no concept of it.

Most often I don't even know what day it is, I never know the date, I do know it's early or late in the week or early, middle or late in a month. I just had to look at the calendar to find out today is the 24th. Before I did that, today was just September twenty-something.

rm -rf obama*

I would think it would be too hot for deer in southern NV. Interesting.
    The boundaries for the Southern Region of NV draw at the top of Nye CO. Not too hot.