Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Well, like I said, Constitutional jurisprudence is full of words like "regulation" and "reasonable," it's part of our law now, and there's little chance of changing that.
    Never say never....Never give up. :)
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

How a Young Lawyer Saved the Second Amendment
    By JAMES TARANTO
    July 19, 2008; Page A7

For decades the Second Amendment might as well have been called the Second-Class Amendment. The U.S. Supreme Court spent the late 20th century expansively interpreting the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth amendments, not to mention unenumerated rights ranging from travel to sexual privacy. But not until last month did the court hold that the Second Amendment means what it says: that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

What took so long? I put the question to Alan Gura, the 37-year-old wunderkind lawyer who represented the plaintiffs in District of Columbia v. Heller.

A native of Israel, he grew up in Los Angeles and never owned a firearm until after that city's riots in 1992. That summer, before he enrolled at the Georgetown University Law Center, "I bought a gun in Los Angeles. I did not have it with me in law school, of course -- that was illegal."
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    Heller was no win. It's basically the judicial version of a politician saying they support an individual right to bear arms and then drafting a bill to close the gun show loophole or reinstate the assault weapons ban.

Mark my words, at some point it will be used as the justification for more gun control.

I disagree on a few grounds-

1.) It ruled they cannot ban firearms in common use, so called 'Assault Weapons' are definantly in common use

2.) It ruled there can be restrictions, like BG checks etc, but no bans. This may also lead to a case where the .gov will have to re open the NFA registry as it is a ban more or less on any MG made after 86(i know there are some exceptions), it wont overturn the NFA but IMO they will have to open the registry:D

3.) It confirmed that the 2A IS not only an individual right, but also a right to be armed as a Militia should be IMO, but w/o one requiring the other so the libs lost their greatest argument, that of collectivity
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by NonConformist View Post
    1.) It ruled they cannot ban firearms in common use, so called 'Assault Weapons' are definantly in common use
    I can sum up how that will work with two words: Sporting Purposes

2.) It ruled there can be restrictions, like BG checks etc, but no bans. This may also lead to a case where the .gov will have to re open the NFA registry as it is a ban more or less on any MG made after 86(i know there are some exceptions), it wont overturn the NFA but IMO they will have to open the registry:D
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah. That was good.

If anything it will go the other way and we'll end up with more things being covered by the NFA. You guys are lucky the gun grabbers are dumb as shit and generally ignorant of firearms. How much damage could they have done if they hadn't spent the last 20 years or so enamored with assault weapons?

3.) It confirmed that the 2A IS not only an individual right, but also a right to be armed as a Militia should be IMO, but w/o one requiring the other so the libs lost their greatest argument, that of collectivity
    And paved the way for any reasonable restriction the state worshipers can dream up.

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post

I saw this coming! They are still playing libhard
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants, it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt