1. #1 More Butter And Fish May Reduce Teen Allergies. 
    Less Butter And Fish Implicated In Increased Teenage Allergies
    By News Staff | September 21st 2009 12:00 AM

Allergies are on the rise and there are a number of theories why. Some speculate that it's due to more parents getting kids tested for allergies; allergists will find allergies thta 40 years ago would have been dismissed as inconveniences. Other speculation is that over-hyped concern about sterility regarding babies has weakened their immune system.

A study conducted in 2008 by the Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg says diet may be the culprit.

In Västra Götaland County in western Sweden, half of all teenagers are considered affected by asthma, nasal symptoms and eczema, almost 10 percentage points higher than when a similar study was conducted in 2000.

Who is least affected? Those who eat more fish and butter.
    Interesting. I grew up eating trout for breakfast and enjoying butter sandwiches. I don't have any allergies.

Scientific Blogging
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 09-24-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Crappies and buttered bread. I got moobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Crappies and buttered bread. I got moobs!
    Maybe you just need a better bra. And lower lighting. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Maybe you just need a better bra. And lower lighting. :p
    Actually I got teased for moobs in high school when I was 175 pounds and 6'2".

Did they only consider diet, or did they consider weather and environmental factors?

Is Sweden a dry and cold place, or a wet and cold place? The dryer the weather, the less likely there will be allergic reactions. That's why doctors recommend to serious allergy sufferers that they move to arid places like Arizona, and avoid humid places like Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Did they only consider diet, or did they consider weather and environmental factors?

Is Sweden a dry and cold place, or a wet and cold place? The dryer the weather, the less likely there will be allergic reactions. That's why doctors recommend to serious allergy sufferers that they move to arid places like Arizona, and avoid humid places like Florida.
    It's wet. Sweden is like the Bizarro World version of Arizona: it's completely opposite in every way. :D

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

I found that to be true here in Nevada. But we do get alot of wind that can stir things up. Plus a couple weeks ago the smoke from the CA fires really made alot of people sick & congested.

But overall, my allergies are so much easier to deal with here.