1. #1 Woman Attacked For Wearing Obama T-Shirt. 
    Obama T-Shirt Sparks Assault, Lawsuit

The designer pictured wearing the shirt. Photo by Fashion Indie Posted July 17, 2008

A 25-year-old New York City graduate student is threatening to sue a T-Shirt designer after being assaulted for wearing one of his designs.

The woman bought a $69 shirt from Apollo Braun's Manhattan boutique that bore the words, "Obama is my slave." When she wore the shirt on Tuesday, four teenage girls accosted her - shoving her, pulling out her earphones, and spitting in her face, according to the New York edition of Metro News.

The unnamed woman is reportedly seeking solace by suing Braun - born Doron Braunshtein - for "all he's got," the designer claims. He, of course, is shirking any responsibility for the incident and says that the shirt reflects the views of "ordinary WASPs."

“For a lot of people, when they see Obama, they see a slave. People think America is not ready for a black president,” the Israeli-born designer said.

“I can’t stand Obama,” Braun says, but claims that it's not because the candidate is black. “That’s the only thing I like about him. He opens the door for other minorities.”

“He reminds me of Adolf Hitler,” Braun explained, adding he does not like the Illinois senator because “he is a Muslim” — a myth that Obama apparently cannot escape.

The designer has sold several other anti-Obama styles from his boutique, including shirts with slogans such as “Jews Against Obama,” “Obama = Hitler” and “Who Killed Obama?”
    How does he know what WASPs think? He cretainly isn't one himself. Either way, the entire thing is funny on a number of levels.

Designer Rage

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    $69 for a t shirt?:eek: That whole story is hilarious.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    $69 for a t shirt?:eek: That whole story is hilarious.
    The guy is something else!
    Israeli born, New York based pop artist and fashion designer Doron Braunshtein, also known as Apollo Braun, owner of the five year old “Apollo Braun” boutique on Orchard Street on the Lower East Side, crossed all limits and boundaries with his new creation: a t-shirt bearing the slogan “Obama = Hitler”. As of yesterday, the batch of the first 200 t-shirts came to his store and seven of his most devoted customers already bought the t-shirt, which cost only $30. “I never thought I would ever sell something that I created at such a cheap price,” Braunshtein says, “but you have to understand me, I want to see as many people as I can wearing my idea, and I don’t want money to stand between them and this fabulous t-shirt.”
    Obama=Hitler

Power CUer
    And people thought $600 earrings were silly.

Wonder how he'd feel about"obama's my bitch". Gotta be worth $29.95.

Meh. Big Deal.

AFFLECK BUYS GEM-STUDDED LOO FOR J.LO

Ben Affleck has bought fiancee Jennifer Lopez a $105,000 gem-studded toilet seat.

The pop diva's new loo is encrusted with rubies, sapphires, pearls and a diamond.

A source tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "The stones are set inside the plastic, so Jennifer's behind won't get scratched."

Affleck, who is expected to marry his belle later this year, designed the seat himself.

He told a friend, "Jennifer is my princess and she deserves only the best -- even when it comes to toilets."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...4/11/ddish.DTL
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Meh. Big Deal.

AFFLECK BUYS GEM-STUDDED LOO FOR J.LO

Ben Affleck has bought fiancee Jennifer Lopez a $105,000 gem-studded toilet seat.

The pop diva's new loo is encrusted with rubies, sapphires, pearls and a diamond.

A source tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "The stones are set inside the plastic, so Jennifer's behind won't get scratched."

Affleck, who is expected to marry his belle later this year, designed the seat himself.

He told a friend, "Jennifer is my princess and she deserves only the best -- even when it comes to toilets."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...4/11/ddish.DTL

This is exactly why Brad and Angelina are my favorite young celebrity couple. They are off having babies and adopting babies, and giving buttloads of money to rebuild New Orleans. I am sure they live in luxury beyond my imagination, they are not wasting money on jewel-encrusted toilet seats.