Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Daisy Drama Update. 
    To recap my Whiny Zone thread, Daisy is a runt Shetland Sheepdog who adores Mr. Snaps (I am her servant and she is gracious but uninvolved in my life). Sunday her face started to blow up which we initially thought was a bug bite. Monday she went in to the Doc and was diagnosed with a huge tooth abscess. She couldn't have dental surgery until today because they wanted the antibiotics to have some time to work.

Well, we dropped her off this morning and I picked her up after work. A sorrier sight I haven't seen in a while. The vet tech was apologizing for her ratty fur-state. Her cheek is shaved and stitched (the abscess broke through or she made it happen, we don't know which), her fur is matted, one ear is now a bat ear (due to stiffened fur, we think), one arm is shaved, and a bunch of teeth are gone.

We sort of knew this would happen down the road at some point. She was a puppy mill rescue and her teeth were always awful. Some had already been yanked.

However, she has enough left to chow down in a couple of weeks and to bite the boy dogs so it's all good. The vet thinks they got all the genetic problem teeth and that what she has left will last her.

She's alert, pissed, but able to eat soft food. All is is well (or will be) in Daisy Land. :)

I have a Daisy May but she is half black Labrador.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have a Daisy May but she is half black Labrador.
    My Daisy is 14 pounds of pure, unadulterated Bitch (in Shetland Sheepdog format). She's way undersized for the standard but she has perfect ears and an awesome coat. She also knows all this. She thinks the sun and moon set on Mr. Snaps and he adores her. It's so funny to see such a big guy flipping around this delicate-looking creature.

She's sacked out on his lap even as we post. :D

Thats funny. Our daisy loves us both. She makes sure every day that she gets her fair share of the petting and doesn't take any crap from any of the boys.

Daisy ate a little soft food with her antibiotic and then drank a little cream later. She's doing okay although she's sticking close to Mr. Snaps. The vet said not to give a pain med she was prescribed until tomorrow afternoon so I hope she's feeling okay. She's a stoic little thing.

She's sleeping on Mr. Snaps right now in the bed. :D

You should have brought her home a movie in case she has trouble sleeping!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Daisy ate a little soft food with her antibiotic and then drank a little cream later. She's doing okay although she's sticking close to Mr. Snaps. The vet said not to give a pain med she was prescribed until tomorrow afternoon so I hope she's feeling okay. She's a stoic little thing.

She's sleeping on Mr. Snaps right now in the bed. :D
    I hope Daisy has a speedy recovery!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sounds like Dasiy is happy to be back with her peeps.

Now get her some sparkling water and make it snappy. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I'm sure Daisy will be able to keep the other dogs in line, teeth or no teeth. My little black greyhound, Tiny, managed to terrorize Blue with no teeth at all. She absolutely ruled him. If she'd get angry with him, she would gum him around the neck. Poor Blue, he'd be all wet and sticky around the neck. At the time, he was about 78 pounds, she was 42 pounds.

Hope she gets better soon. I'm sure the pretty princess is bummed out that her coat is matted.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I'm sure Daisy will be able to keep the other dogs in line, teeth or no teeth. My little black greyhound, Tiny, managed to terrorize Blue with no teeth at all. She absolutely ruled him. If she'd get angry with him, she would gum him around the neck. Poor Blue, he'd be all wet and sticky around the neck. At the time, he was about 78 pounds, she was 42 pounds.

Hope she gets better soon. I'm sure the pretty princess is bummed out that her coat is matted.
    She was looking pretty perky this morning but Mr. Snaps is staying home with her today "just in case". I think we can take care of her coat by Sunday. ;)