1. #1 Texas children roped into Islamic training Class by CAIR teaches: 'There is one god, 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Texas children roped into Islamic training Class by CAIR teaches: 'There is one god, Allah'

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=65659

Great sig, so true.

noonwitch
    From that article, it is difficult for me to tell whether the school is teaching kids about what Islam is (a legitimate subject for a social studies class) or they are indoctrinating the kids and encouraging them to convert to Islam.

It is good to teach children about different religions in a social studies class. It is okay to have a guest speaker on the subject-the one legitimate objection I can see is that the guest speakers were from CAIR, which allegedly has links to terrorism.

I do wonder if it was only Islam that got to have a guest speaker, or if other religions also did, when the class was studying those religions or the cultures in which they are predominant.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    From that article, it is difficult for me to tell whether the school is teaching kids about what Islam is (a legitimate subject for a social studies class) or they are indoctrinating the kids and encouraging them to convert to Islam.

It is good to teach children about different religions in a social studies class. It is okay to have a guest speaker on the subject-the one legitimate objection I can see is that the guest speakers were from CAIR, which allegedly has links to terrorism.

I do wonder if it was only Islam that got to have a guest speaker, or if other religions also did, when the class was studying those religions or the cultures in which they are predominant.
    It looks like this was long planned and purposely withheld from the kids parents , the kids were also 'required to attend'.

They know that they would not be allow this if the parents were notified so they kept it a secret !
    Islamic indoctrination uses some of the same tequiniques as Homosexual indoctrination in schools ,Keep it a secret and don't tell the parents.

"But the parent complained the Muslims "were given full attention of our kids, during academic school time, to present their religious beliefs. … This was put right at the end of the school year … which will most likely prevent a Christian response."

There also was no parental notification, and students were required to attend.

"The kids did not even know they were having an assembly or what topic it pertained to until they entered the gym," the parent wrote.
    "I send my kids to school for academics. … I teach them religion at home."