Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The orthopaedic surgeon always has CNN running on the set in the waiting room. I don't whine to the nurses to change it.
    So does about every airport in the country. But it's OK because when it's liberal, it's always acceptable.

Geddes said she's feeling brushed off and doesn't accept the explanation from association officials that Fox is the highest-rated cable news channel. She says that can't be the case in liberal-leaning Columbia, and she insists she is not giving up.
    This is so typical of these people. They just can't fathom that there are actually views and opinions that differ theirs. This reminds me of something Bernard Goldberg wrote in Bias when he heard Pauline Kael say that she didn't understand how Nixon could have beaten McGovern because she didn't know anyone who voted for him...even though Nixon won 49 of the 50 states.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 09-28-2009 at 06:08 AM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So does about every airport in the country. But it's OK because when it's liberal, it's always acceptable.

Remember - they know best. They know best what we should watch - think - do - how we should best spend our money . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Unfortunately liberals are pulling this in many area. Remember when the left whined about the military playing FOX? My daughter works in a bank that plays FOX all day.......some of the customer have hissy fits about it.
    With liberals it is there way or no way. I am now of the opinion that I will not budge an inch...Don't like is, tough!

I dislike any television in public spaces myself because it forces us all to be confronted with something we didn't agree to watch. Sports bars are an obvious exception since people go there to watch sports. But the encroachment of tv into airports, doctor's waiting rooms, gyms, restaurants, etc., is irritating. It's also mind control in that we're being pitched social and political messages and told what products to buy and we're usually not allowed to change the channel or turn off the tv. Makes me wonder if businesses are being paid to have televisions set on a certain station. Does anybody know if that's the case?