Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 America's Most Hated Foods 
    Recently, AOL Food asked its readers to nominate their least favorite foods. The top nominations were voted on in a poll and the results are in!

America's Most Hated Foods

20. Blueberries
    19. Maple Syrup
    18. Cilantro
    17. Onions
    16. Cooked Carrots
    15. Raisins
    14. Peas
    13. Oysters
    12. Pea Soup
    11. Sour Cream

10. Gelatin

9. Tuna Fish

8. Brussels Sprouts

7. Beets

6. Okra

5. Eggs

4. Mushrooms

3. Mayonnaise

2. Lima Beans

And the number one most hated food in America?

1. Liver
    Interesting. On my own time I'm a picky eater. Liver is a reliable standby for me as are eggs. I won't eat mayo, beets, okra, or syrup. Format and context would have an effect on whether I would some of the others.

What are your 5 most hated foods?

From that list the 5 I wouldn't eat are:
    16. Cooked Carrots

13. Oysters

7. Beets

6. Okra

5. Eggs

Although I eat eggs if they are simply an ingredient or in a form like an omelette, but not fried, boiled etc.

Liver, Limas, Okra, pea soup, oysters*.

* It must be noted that I lump oysters in with any other 'food' that resembles something I might cough up in texture.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

You guys don't have to confine yourselves to the list. You can come up with any 5 hated foods.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    From that list the 5 I wouldn't eat are:
    16. Cooked Carrots

13. Oysters

7. Beets

6. Okra

5. Eggs

Although I eat eggs if they are simply an ingredient or in a form like an omelette, but not fried, boiled etc.
    Of your five the only one I agree with is Okra.One of my favorites if it is cooked correctly is liver.It should be very lightly fried in butter and olive oil until just pink and should be the liver of a young calf .How do you feel about fresh Kidneys and Liver in pie crust ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Of your five the only one I agree with is Okra.One of my favorites if it is cooked correctly is liver.It should be very lightly fried in butter and olive oil until just pink and should be the liver of a young calf .How do you feel about fresh Kidneys and Liver in pie crust ?
    I like steak and kidney pie if it is well made. Liver is good lightly dusted with a mix of flour and ground cumin then fried.

Power CUer
    The only thing on that list I would absolutely refuse is liver. It's a combination of taste and texture both being objectionable. I might actually like okra if a way were invented to cook it which did not turn it into slime.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    I like steak and kidney pie if it is well made. Liver is good lightly dusted with a mix of flour and ground cumin then fried.
    Have you ever prepared the raw kidneys by boiling them until all of the urine is removed then peeling the outer membrane off and slicing them .

The smell of a pot full of boiling urine impregnated bulls kidneys is incredible especially in a winter sealed kitchen !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Have you ever prepared the raw kidneys by boiling them until all of the urine is removed then peeling the outer membrane off and slicing them .

The smell of a pot full of boiling urine impregnated bulls kidneys is incredible especially in a winter sealed kitchen !
    Words fail.

I hate anything fish related, and anything with curry..

That list is surprising, though.. I LOVE Brussels sprouts in butter,

Maple syrup
    Onions
    Cooked Carrots
    Sour Cream
    Eggs
    Mushrooms

I HATE kimchi.... Even though it's Korean..
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!