Thread: House Speaker Pelosi calls Bush 'a total failure'

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    California faces a $15 billion budget deficit and Democrats answer is to eliminate Jobs,prevent job creation and reduce the tax base and tax the hell out of those follish enough to stick around.

Glad I live in Texas.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    California faces a $15 billion budget deficit and Democrats answer is to eliminate Jobs,prevent job creation and reduce the tax base and tax the hell out of those follish enough to stick around.

Glad I live in Texas.
    I'm just sick of the Californians moving to Texas....

j/k!

:D

Only cheap/uncompetitive Californians move to Texas. Most are transplants anyway.:p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    California as No. 1
    July 17, 2008; Page A14
    This latest tax gambit was unveiled, ironically enough, within days of two very large California employers announcing they are saying, in the famous words of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, "hasta la vista, baby" to the state. First, the AAA auto club declared it will close its call centers in California, meaning that 900 jobs will move to other states. "It costs more to do business in California," said a AAA press release, in the understatement of the year.

Then last week Toyota announced it is canceling plans to build its new Prius hybrid at its plant in the San Francisco Bay area because of the high tax and regulatory costs. Adding to the humiliation is that Toyota will now take this investment and about 1,000 jobs to a more progressive and pro-business state: Mississippi.
    Alas, the "tax the crap out of them DIMS" will still not learn anything. Volkswagon also shunned the former seat of automaking in the USA,Michigan, for the Great State of Tennessee. I predict Honda will find its way out of Ohio and move south one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Only cheap/uncompetitive Californians move to Texas. Most are transplants anyway.:p
    I wouldn't call myself cheap or uncompetitive, although I was a transplant, but after eight years in California, I was happy to PCS to NY, and even happier to PCS to TX. California and NY were high-tax, highly regulated states where every time I turned around, someone was trying to rip me off or impose some idiotic hurdle against moving up in the world. Example:

At one point, I considered buying a property in Los Angeles that had a tear-down house (a 1-bedroom shack that had some serious fire damage and was really not liveable) on it. The property was going for $200,000, whichs was actually a good deal in West LA. Construction would have cost about half that again, and I had planned to build a triplex, sell two of them as condos and use the revenue to help cover the building cost and mortgage, which would have allowed me to own my own home relatively inexpensively. I had everything set, but the city of Los Angeles would not allow any building on the site until they did a complete review of all of the plans, zoning issues and permits, which would take a full year, however, they were willing to waive the one-year delay if I was willing to make one of the units into low-income housing. In other words, the one-year delay was bureaucratic extortion designed to force me to build a home for welfare recipients. I couldn't afford a year's mortgage without building and I wouldn't subject myself and my family to the kinds of neighbors that LA wanted to impose on me, so I walked away from the deal. Had the city of Los Angeles not tried to screw me, I'd have built three condo units, sold two of them, and generated thousands of dollars in tax revenues, building costs and infrastructure improvements. Instead, they were left with a lot with an ugly shack on it, which was probably bought by a speculator who had the money to wait out the review period, and who eventually built a single house which he sold for a lot more than three condos would have gone for. Thus, the rich got richer, the poor got nothing and the middle class guy, me, left.

When we moved to Texas, we were able to buy a home and move in within a month of arriving, all for $157,000. So, for about half the cost, I got a larger home, with my choice of neighbors and no bureaucratic abuse, and I live in a community that has real law enforcement, decent schools and good people. That's why I'll take Texas over California any day of the week.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    I'm just sick of the Californians moving to Texas....
    j/k!
    :D
    But you don't mind the New Yorkers, right? :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    With politicians like Pisslosi, Boxer, Fein., Swartzzie, G.Davis and the Democ. controlled legislature, the kool-aid state has little chance of digging itself out of its financial hole. The dumb asses are too stupid to drill in the offshore area plus they they keep putting new env. controls on everything from autos to water heaters. Business are going in the toilet not from Bush's policies but from their own stupidity.

John
    When the mud starts to fly between Pelosi, Reid and Bush, things get a little surreal. Like I'm waiting for Eric Cartman to stand up in the back and shout *cripple fight!*. Seriously. Quite possibly the two most retarded human beings in this country are grappling with the 2nd most retarded. It's hilarious! With a combined IQ of 17 Pelosi & Reid are almost a match for Bush's IQ of 20 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That would be the liberation of 50 million people,
    Whether they wanted it or not and at great expense to the American people.

a tax cut that maintained eight straight years of sustained economic growth,
    While sustained growth in government spending has destroyed the currency by flooding the U.S. Dollar market.

the effective destruction of Al Qaeda in Iraq
    Let's not forget that Iraq had no Al Qaeda before we invaded.

and the prevention of a major terrorist attack on the US since 9/11.
    What prevented major terrorist attacks on U.S. soil before 9/11 & Bush? Not to mention, didn't the attack happen on Bush's watch?

So, you see Bush hasn't made the best and brightest decisions. He hasn't been a good president, or even a decent president. He's just been calling shots, for better or worse, the way he sees fit. That's a far sight more than the dims in congress have been doing. However, I'd take his leadership over Pelosi and Reid's any day. With the state this country and the middle east is in today, the thought of Pelosi or Reid leading America makes me a little sick to my stomach. They can't even lead their party or their majority in congress. Seems to me like they can't do anything but whine.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Alas, the "tax the crap out of them DIMS" will still not learn anything. Volkswagon also shunned the former seat of automaking in the USA,Michigan, for the Great State of Tennessee. I predict Honda will find its way out of Ohio and move south one of these days.
    Toyota set up plant outside of my hometown (10 years ago). They make the Tundra there. Low taxes and being business friendly were the major reasons for locating there.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

Let's not forget that Iraq had no Al Qaeda before we invaded.
    Let's also not forget that it makes it easier to kill the SOB's now when they congregate in one area. What difference does it make to you that Al Quakis die in Iraq instead of us killing them in several different countries? The answer is the cost. You make it clear cost is important so ask yourself what the cost would be if:
    1. We took no action at all?
    2. We took Klintoon style action with the same net effect as in 1 above?
    3. We answer with force and determination regardless of cost as in our two present wars?

The better alternative is to declare (and undertake) all out total war. No country safe that assists or harbors the murderous bastards!

What prevented major terrorist attacks on U.S. soil before 9/11 & Bush? Not to mention, didn't the attack happen on Bush's watch?
    Uh, could it be that the attack was planned and executed on schedule? PUHLEEEEZE, Attacks against US interests were rampant before 9/11. Don't try that weak crap about "on US soil." What difference does that make? Klintoon was a weak coward reacting only when his legacy was threatened or when he needed a distraction from the attention his uncontrolled penis attracted. He FAILED and is revered. Bush reacted and is castigated.

Bush may have made mistakes but he acted like a leader and a man.

So, you see Bush hasn't made the best and brightest decisions. He hasn't been a good president, or even a decent president. He's just been calling shots, for better or worse, the way he sees fit. That's a far sight more than the dims in congress have been doing. However, I'd take his leadership over Pelosi and Reid's any day. With the state this country and the middle east is in today, the thought of Pelosi or Reid leading America makes me a little sick to my stomach. They can't even lead their party or their majority in congress. Seems to me like they can't do anything but whine.
    Pelosi and Reid ARE in charge and all they do is whine. THEY don't catch the brunt of the attacks though. Our President has that reserved entirely for him. Our Congress is the WORST in the history of the country and yet they presume to denigrate the Iraqi legislature.