1. #1 DENVER Has a New Fairy,The "Tree Fairy" ! 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    'Tree Fairy' Plants Trees On Unsuspecting Neighbors' Lawns

DENVER -- The "Tree Fairy" camouflages himself in foliage and said he is guided by the light of the moon.

"My mother wants me to quit. My sister seems to want me to quit. They think I am a little crazy and are worried I might go to jail," said the Tree Fairy.

The Tree Fairy wants to remain anonymous on his unique mission of goodwill. An elfish angel of sorts, the Tree Fairy finds joy in planting trees in the yards of unsuspecting neighbors.

"I like nature. I wanted to live around nature. I really wanted to live in a forest so I was either going to live in a forest or I was going to bring the forest to me," said the Tree Fairy.

The Tree Fairy said he has been planting trees in neighbors' yards for the past two years. It's a compulsion which started rather simply, he said.

"I found a bunch of trees on sale that I absolutely could not resist. There were some pine trees, oak trees, maple trees, cherry blossom trees and aspen trees," said the Tree Fairy.

He said one night he just decided to plant them.
    snip

It was a lot of work but took him about 30 minutes. He is careful to bring a tarp to dispose of the soil he digs up. He then plants the tree and fills the hole back up, watering it before he goes.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...37/detail.html

Isn't that special.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Isn't that special.
    It's stupid. Aspens can't thrive in Denver - it's too low. Planting other trees without considering the city overhead lines and the plumbing is just idiotic. Most houses in Denver proper are on tiny lots with no distance from neighbors or streets or anything. Way to kill the tiny sight line somebody might have out of their 2 x 3 window.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's stupid. Aspens can't thrive in Denver - it's too low. Planting other trees without considering the city overhead lines and the plumbing is just idiotic. Most houses in Denver proper are on tiny lots with no distance from neighbors or streets or anything. Way to kill the tiny sight line somebody might have out of their 2 x 3 window.
    I don't like Denver but that goes for most cities. We used to enjoy going to Colorado in the fall to see the aspens when they turn. I hope the economy improves soon so we can get back there. For awhile we went twice a year.