Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Substitute Saturday 
    My dear friend poli is out playing today so I'll fill in for him.
    High of 84 and sunny. I have a fairly large order of rock to fill, it came without any warning and most of my rocky areas are to wet to get into, this will be fun

TOTD: I'm a sausage lover when I grew up in Minnesota there were butcher shops everywhere. A lot of Swedes, Germans and other Europeans settled in Minnesota. I like Summer Sausage, Landjaegers Swedish potato sausage and a lot more.
    In Tulsa we are extremely limited on sausage. I have to drive to Yoder Kansas up by Hutchinson to stock up every once in awhile. What is your favorite sausage?

I have no real plans for the weekend. There are a few things going on in town, it's fall festival weekend & there is a rodeo. I keep hearing about "Indian" tacos that a vendor sells....I did not try them last year, but not I think I should this year...you only live once!

TOTD: Where I lived in Illinois there were many places that made their own sausage and brats. A friend & his family owns a fresh packing house/market & had about 50 flavors of brats! Potato sausage is awesome, friends always had blood sausage at Christmas, but I would never try it...too gross for me!

Here in the desert, sausage is all pre-packed with names like Hormell & Johnsonville...it's not the same!

On pizza I like crumbled sausage that is rich in fenel seeds...good stuff. It's not available on pizza here in my city, and I think I need to open my own place. :)

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I have no real plans for the weekend. There are a few things going on in town, it's fall festival weekend & there is a rodeo. I keep hearing about "Indian" tacos that a vendor sells....I did not try them last year, but not I think I should this year...you only live once!

TOTD: Where I lived in Illinois there were many places that made their own sausage and brats. A friend & his family owns a fresh packing house/market & had about 50 flavors of brats! Potato sausage is awesome, friends always had blood sausage at Christmas, but I would never try it...too gross for me!

Here in the desert, sausage is all pre-packed with names like Hormell & Johnsonville...it's not the same!

On pizza I like crumbled sausage that is rich in fenel seeds...good stuff. It's not available on pizza here in my city, and I think I need to open my own place. :)
    That is one kind we do have in Tulsa. We have lot's of Italians in Oklahoma more so in McAllister but their sausage makes it here. Delicious!

I better dig this back up before it gets buried and Shannon yells at me!

The highway is closed due to the Fall Festival Parade. I'm going to cruise up in the golf cart to see what I'm missing!

Last edited by RobJohnson; 09-26-2009 at 01:12 PM.

It's a mild, fall day here. Some sun. sitting on the porch with my feline friend in my lap sipping on some coffee. The only kind of "sausage" that I can stand are hebrew national hotdogs on the barbque. I could eat those all day.
    ...Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.

Today was excellent and we got a lot of garden clean-up done and some not-too-shabby fishing in. This perfect early fall weather won't last.

TOTD: I'm a braunschweiger fan but I love a good homemade venison sausage. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Today was excellent and we got a lot of garden clean-up done and some not-too-shabby fishing in. This perfect early fall weather won't last.

TOTD: I'm a braunschweiger fan but I love a good homemade venison sausage. ;)
    Good sausage is one of the finer things
    in life.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I had an exhausting day. I'm going to collapse on the couch with my favorite cat and read Beck's new book.

TOTD: I have no idea.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I had an exhausting day. I'm going to collapse on the couch with my favorite cat and read Beck's new book.

TOTD: I have no idea.
    I pictured you as a slim Jim kind of girl.