Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm not against harsh interrogation techniques.. I think that you do what you need to do to make people talk, and you don't tell the world about it. These people want to kill innocent Americans, and they are very brutal. They cut the heads off of innocents, and we are banning waterboarding? We waterboard our own Seals in training...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Scaring terrorists, threatening their families, depriving them of sleep, or making them think that they are going to drown don't strike me as torture in the same sense as amputating fingers, rape, electrical shocks/burns, or starving people into submission.

If it only works 10% of the time, it's worth it when the stakes are massive explosions that kill thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Scaring terrorists, threatening their families, depriving them of sleep, or making them think that they are going to drown don't strike me as torture in the same sense as amputating fingers, rape, electrical shocks/burns, or starving people into submission.

If it only works 10% of the time, it's worth it when the stakes are massive explosions that kill thousands.
    I don't understand how anyone with a pulse could disagree.
    "I know bourbon gets better with age, because the older I get, the more I like it."
    Booker Noe (1929-2004) master distiller and grandson of Jim Beam

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny."
    Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC), Agamemnon

I have no moral compunction against torturing, killing, mutilating, or otherwise inflicting substantial physical and psychological damage on the people who are provably responsible for mass murders.

As a caveat, I have to wonder how well-proved the allegations against some of these people are when they are brought in for interrogation. The thought of torturing a man to confession only to find out later that he was in fact innocent, or perhaps guilty but of a less heinous crime than we believed, leads me to still place heavy emphasis on the importance of strict procedural regulations. Remember that there are racist or otherwise irrational cops and investigators and, even though most of the stories of police and FBI brutality are a load of crap, some aren't.

Again, if you believe sleep deprivation, water boarding, pretending to drill somebody head with a cordless Dewalt drill or blowing smoke in someone's face is torture. It is not and we should use every means possible to protect American lives as I believe American lives are greater than anybody else's.