Is Barack Obama the Messiah?

Some of the people are truly deluded into believing that he Is Barack Obama the Messiah?

Comments:

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
- Obama, Super Tuesday
Obama - The Transfiguration
Obama at fund-raiser at Steven and Judy Gluckstern's home, April 9, 2007. George Soros is seated to the right of the stairs. [url]http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/[/url
Thursday, July 10, 2008
"You'll have to measure time by `Before Obama' and `After Obama'"
[Film director Spike] Lee predicted Obama would be elected in November.
BO and AO
"When that happens, it will change everything. ... You'll have to measure time
by `Before Obama' and `After Obama,'" Lee said during the panel. "It's an
exciting time to be alive now." ...
"Everything's going to be affected by this seismic change in the universe," he
said.-- Spike Lee, American Film Director. July 10, 2008.
"Barack Obama is the Platonic philosopher king we’ve been looking for for the past 2,400 years"
.................................................. ........
Plato argued that without a philosopher king there could be neither happiness (V, 473e, VI, 500d-3) nor personal perfection (VI, 499a-b). Therefore, none of us will attain the four excellences required for true unity — each of our souls will remain internally divided, broken (IV, 441c-d, 443c-e) — until the philosopher king arrives.
.................................................. ........
Thus, Plato wrote:
[W]e have to fix our souls – our souls are broken in this [city-state]. . . .
. . . [The philosopher king is] the only person in this race who has a chance at healing this [city-state].
Or was that Michelle Obama?
Oh. It was Mrs. Obama. Either way, it works. Mr. Obama will fulfill the Platonic prophecies.
.................................................. .....................................
But he’ll do even more. He won’t just heal our city-states and souls. He won’t just bring the Heavenly Kingdom — dreamt of in both Platonism and Christianity — to earth. He will heal the earth itself.
.................................................. ...........
And that, my friends, is taking the philosopher king to the next level. Only a
The book was a REVELATION. Here was a man whose honesty about himself and understanding of the human condition are both deep and compassionate. ... Born to a white mother and an African father, he was raised in multiracial Hawaii and for several years in Indonesia. He drifted through some druggy teenage years — no apologies! — before emerging as a star at Harvard Law School. He chose to work as a community organizer in the projects of Chicago rather than join the wealthy insider world of corporate law. And as a young adult, he searched, in the distant villages of Kenya, for the father and family he never knew.

As I read all this, so elegantly written, my mind kept rolling over: Might it be possible? Is there some fate by which we could have this man as president of the United States?
The similarities between John Kennedy and Barack Obama come to mind easily: the youth, the magnetism, the natural grace, the eloquence, the wit, the intelligence, the hope of a new generation.
But it might be more to the point to view Obama as Lincolnesque in his own origins, his sobriety and what history now demands. ...
We need to recover the spiritual and moral direction that should describe our country and ourselves. We see this in Obama, and we see the promise he represents to bring factions together, to achieve again the unity that drives great change and faces difficult, and inconvenient, truths and peril. ...
Like Abraham Lincoln, Barack Obama challenges America to rise up, to do what so many of us long to do: to summon "the better angels of our nature."
Jann S. Wenner, Rolling Stone Official Endorsement.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
"Miracle" - Remix of Stevie Wonder's Hymn to Obama
Friday, March 07, 2008
Obama walks "the hero's journey" . . .
Some readers understood right away what I meant last week when I said that John McCain has the misfortune to be running against Luke Skywalker. But others are still scratching their heads, wondering what in the world I was talking about.
I was talking about Barack Obama. I think his story has been so compelling for so many people because it taps into one of our most profound myths.
Obama's myth is a tried-and-true one. The late folklorist Joseph Campbell called it "the hero's journey," and it's found in every culture, from Moses, David and Odysseus to Luke Skywalker, Frodo and Harry Potter.
It's both a literal journey and an inward voyage of self-discovery. The hero begins as a callow youth -- often one who has lost one or both parents -- who has no idea who he really is.
snip
snip
snip

http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/