1. #1 The Limits of Charisma: Mr. President, please stay off TV. 
    If ubiquity were the measure of a presidency, Barack Obama would already be grinning at us from Mount Rushmore. But of course it is not. Despite his many words and television appearances, our elegant and eloquent president remains more an emblem of change than an agent of it. He's a man with an endless, worthy to-do list—health care, climate change, bank reform, global capital regulation, AfPak, the Middle East, you name it—but, as yet, no boxes checked "done." This is a problem that style will not fix. Unless Obama learns to rely less on charm, rhetoric, and good intentions and more on picking his spots and winning in political combat, he's not going to be reelected, let alone enshrined in South Dakota.

The president's problem isn't that he is too visible; it's the lack of content in what he says when he keeps showing up on the tube. Obama can seem a mite too impressed with his own aura, as if his presence on the stage is the Answer. There is, at times, a self-referential (even self-reverential) tone in his big speeches. They are heavily salted with the words "I" and "my." (He used the former 11 times in the first few paragraphs of his address to the U.N. last week.) Obama is a historic figure, but that is the beginning, not the end, of the story.

There is only so much political mileage that can still be had by his reminding the world that he is not George W. Bush. It was the winning theme of the 2008 campaign, but that race ended nearly a year ago. The ex-president is now more ex than ever, yet the current president, who vowed to look forward, is still reaching back to Bush as bogeyman. ...
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/216210

Even his fans are wearying of all Obama all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/216210

Even his fans are wearying of all Obama all the time.
    And those not his fans are even wearier wth all Obama all the time. :D

He really does like the sound of his own voice, doesn't he? That upturned head, the nose held in the air, the smug look on his face really get to me. He remnds me of a co-worker from long ago, who was so impressed with himself that I constantly prayed for rain. It would have drowned him, with that nose always looking toward the skies. :p
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

He really does like the sound of his own voice, doesn't he? That upturned head, the nose held in the air, the smug look on his face really get to me. He remnds me of a co-worker from long ago, who was so impressed with himself that I constantly prayed for rain. It would have drowned him, with that nose always looking toward the skies. :p

Like a turkey??? :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

He's a man with one tactic, campaign, campaign, campaign. He hasn't yet achieved anything apart from getting elected, now he's done that he's at a loss as to what to do when he is faced with opposition.

link :D

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I'd love to get one of those T-Shirts. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!