Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 253
  1. #11  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,435
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    It's provocation because I don't even want to know gay people exist.. I don't oppress them, so I don't need to know they're gay. I don't feel the need to tell them I'm straight. They don't need to tell me, and doing so is just antagonizing those of us who are straight and think it's repulsive.. There is absolutely no reason for a Marine to say, "I'm gay and I served in the military.." No reason at all besides provoking people to fight about the issue.. It's against the rules to be gay and in the military, so when you act like a 5 year old and say that you broke the rules and did it anyway, it's a provocation.. It's childish and they knew it would piss people off-especially Marines.
    So your desire not to know about them trumps their right to free speech?

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,173
    Quote Originally Posted by pssvr View Post
    <snip> Quit complaining and let other people have their say.
    Fine. Just as long as that standard is applied to the LGBT community regarding Proposition 8. ;)
    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member stsinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    So your desire not to know about them trumps their right to free speech?
    I didn't say that.. What I'm saying is why not just shut the hell up? Why do they come out of the blue with an antagonizing poster and then get mad when it's vandalized? Fags are provocative incessantly to normal people, and they wonder why they're getting oppressed more and more.. People are getting sick of it..
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    I didn't say that.. What I'm saying is why not just shut the hell up? Why do they come out of the blue with an antagonizing poster and then get mad when it's vandalized? Fags are provocative incessantly to normal people, and they wonder why they're getting oppressed more and more.. People are getting sick of it..
    "Just existing" is apparently enough to antagonize you - so... short of suicide, its hard to see how a homosexual could reasonably avoid antagonizing you. Even the others here, who tend to take issue with many homosexual things arent even seeing the big deal - a rational person might take that as evidence that the problem lies with you.
    Last edited by wilbur; 09-28-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    It's provocation because I don't even want to know gay people exist..
    um . . . tough shit. They exist.
    I don't oppress them, so I don't need to know they're gay.
    If you say you don't even want to know they exist - you're saying that oppressing them is exactly what you want to do.
    I don't feel the need to tell them I'm straight. They don't need to tell me, and doing so is just antagonizing those of us who are straight and think it's repulsive..
    This is not the case of someone running around rubbing it in everyones faces. This is a reminder that there are people who are different out there trying to live lives just like the rest of us.
    There is absolutely no reason for a Marine to say, "I'm gay and I served in the military.."
    Your reaction proves otherwise.
    No reason at all besides provoking people to fight about the issue..
    You really just don't have perspective at all on these kinds of issues do you.
    It's against the rules to be gay and in the military, so when you act like a 5 year old and say that you broke the rules and did it anyway, it's a provocation.. It's childish and they knew it would piss people off-especially Marines.
    Right because what that guy really wants is to be attacked and vilified.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    So your desire not to know about them trumps their right to free speech?
    seems that way doesn't it.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member stsinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    "Just existing" is apparently enough to antagonize you - so... short of suicide, its hard to see how a homosexual could reasonably avoid antagonizing you. Even the others here, who tend to take issue with many homosexual things arent even seeing the big deal - a rational person might take that as evidence that the problem lies with you.
    I didn't say that I have a problem with them existing-don't put words into my mouth.. I said I don't even want to know-I don't need to be informed of someone's sexuality, and I can get through my day just fine.. Sexuality should only matter in the bedroom, so why do they feel the need to shove it in the face of people who really don't approve of it? It's a childish need to be a douche bag and attention whore, and they knew damned well when they though up the stupid billboard idea that it would piss people off..

    Look-no billboard, no problem.. So what's the problem with that?
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Fine. Just as long as that standard is applied to the LGBT community regarding Proposition 8. ;)
    agreed. There needs to be a two way street of communication and as long as we have people on either side acting like to disagree is an insult and a provocation - it's going to be hard.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    "Just existing" is apparently enough to antagonize you - so... short of suicide, its hard to see how a homosexual could reasonably avoid antagonizing you. Even the others here, who tend to take issue with many homosexual things arent even seeing the big deal - a rational person might take that as evidence that the problem lies with you.
    OH LORD I WANT TO DIE! I'm finding I agree with WILBUR! :PUKE:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member stsinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    um . . . tough shit. They exist.If you say you don't even want to know they exist - you're saying that oppressing them is exactly what you want to do. This is not the case of someone running around rubbing it in everyones faces. This is a reminder that there are people who are different out there trying to live lives just like the rest of us.
    Your reaction proves otherwise.
    You really just don't have perspective at all on these kinds of issues do you.
    Right because what that guy really wants is to be attacked and vilified.
    I didn't say that I don't want them to exsit, dumbass, so quit doing like the resident faggot and putting words in my mouth.. I said I don't want to know-meaning I don't need to be reminded of what they do in the bedroom.. I could pass by fags all day long on the way to work-they on the way to theirs, and nobody would be anything wiser, and it wouldn't matter.. But if they decide to shove a rainbow in my face as they pass and bitch about faggots not being allowed in the military, then it causes problems that are absolutely unnecessary..

    I've said repeatedly that I don't care what they do in the privacy of their own homes and have never wished them ill in any way, but the constant barrage of pro-gay nonsense is enough already.. They don't change peoples' minds-they just drive them into submission with name calling and subjugation saying we're intolerant.. For me, it's a matter of morals and faith, and it's not up to me to make the call on its propriety.
    Last edited by stsinner; 09-28-2009 at 08:26 PM.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •