Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Now THAT can be easily disproven. Women have had abortions for centuries, no matter what the legal climate, and you know that is true.
    and I also know that the demand rose to meet the supply. Most people who get abortions would not be doing so if they were not available.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    For better or worse, there is no such thing as "not available" these days. There are pills and there is cheap travel. I think we can both agree that the woman is the source of the choice, and convincing her to make the right choice is the most likely path to reducing abortion.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    For better or worse, there is no such thing as "not available" these days. There are pills and there is cheap travel. I think we can both agree that the woman is the source of the choice, and convincing her to make the right choice is the most likely path to reducing abortion.
    I don't disagree that the women making the choice need to be convinced - but that does not excuse the doctors from their responsibility - or their guilt.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    We'll have to agree to disagree, since the prospect of abortion becoming illegal again in this country is so remote as to be beyond considering.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken