Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 New AZ abortion rules...state moonbats in tizzy. 
    Today, new laws regarding abortion have the liberal left in the state acting like their every constitutional right has been obliterated.

The new laws specify:

24 hour waiting period after consultation with physician.
    Notarized proof of parental approval for minors
    Procedure MUST be performed by a physician

The state Planned Parenthood has already filed court motions to stop this...you would think it's the end of the world.

rm -rf obama*

These seem like pretty tame rules to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    These seem like pretty tame rules to me.
    They are, and they are sensible.

But you can hear the left wailing in the streets.

rm -rf obama*

The rules seem to state that if you want to have your kid whacked you have to give yourself 24 hours to think it over before having the the hit made and then only after discussing it with the bagman. If you're a kid yourself you have to get the Godfather's permission to make the hit. In any event, a hit must be made by a family approved assassin.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The rules seem to state that if you want to have your kid whacked you have to give yourself 24 hours to think it over before having the the hit made and then only after discussing it with the bagman. If you're a kid yourself you have to get the Godfather's permission to make the hit. In any event, a hit must be made by a family approved assassin.
    I like your summary better. :D

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Exactly.
    The end result is still going to be an abortion.

The way the libs in the state are acting, you would think that their right to breathe is being taken away.

rm -rf obama*

Banned
    I imagine the big sticking point there is the 'parental signature'.

As described in the points by BadCat, the law doesnt seem THAT bad.... but there really is no good reason to restrict non-late term abortions - and its these 'small' incremental victories that give the abortion prohibitionists hope, support and the incentive to engage the battle even more vigorously.

So personally, I'm happy to see this type of thing militantly and viciously opposed.... so as to suck the life out of the abortion prohibition crowd, so-to-speak... at any and every turn. Kudos to those who are fighting against it.

We all know this is anti-abortion incrementalism at work. Today its a 24 hour waiting period... tomorrow its a "counselling" session, where a woman is berated with gruesome pictures and questions like "Why do you want to kill your child?"
    Last edited by wilbur; 09-30-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post

As described in the points by BadCat, the law doesnt seem THAT bad.... but there really is no good reason to restrict non-late term abortions - and its these 'small' incremental victories that give the abortion prohibitionists hope, support and the incentive to engage the battle even more vigorously.

So personally, I'm happy to see this type of thing militantly and viciously opposed.... so as to suck the life out of the abortion prohibition crowd, so-to-speak... at any and every turn. Kudos to those who are fighting against it.

We all know this is anti-abortion incrementalism at work. Today its a 24 hour waiting period... tomorrow its a "counselling" session, where a woman is berated with gruesome pictures and questions like "Why do you want to kill your child?"
    They can cry all they want, they're most likely going to lose this one.
    At least until they appeal it to the Ninth Circus Court.

rm -rf obama*

I do gotta give you credit Wilbur. You certainly don't flinch when it comes to posting views that you know are completely opposite from everyone elses.

I don't have a problem with this because I don't think that the image generated by wilbur of a counciling session is anything like the reality. Also, I don't see where the slippery slop argument comes in to play here.Incremental increases don't happen. You have told us that time and time again on gay marriage. Besides all counciling offers a opportunity to see that a woman makes an informed thoughtful choice. You do want her to be aware of all the options available to her don't you? You would like her to be aware of the potential for grief and regrets she may experience and be prepared from them don't you?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis