Hybrid View

1. #1 Need someone very good with numbers 
    This at the DUMP

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x6511684

If you go to the link. Look at the numbers for people making
    $18,981.00 max. Obama shows a 5.5 % decrease in taxes and a $567.00 reduction in taxes.

I am no rocket scientist but if 5.5% = $567.00. HUH.
    How much in taxes TOTAL do these POOR PEOPLE pay. As far as I know at that yearly wage most people pay little if any taxes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret1995 View Post
    This at the DUMP

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x6511684

If you go to the link. Look at the numbers for people making
    $18,981.00 max. Obama shows a 5.5 % decrease in taxes and a $567.00 reduction in taxes.

I am no rocket scientist but if 5.5% = $567.00. HUH.
    How much in taxes TOTAL do these POOR PEOPLE pay. As far as I know at that yearly wage most people pay little if any taxes
    A single person with taxable income at $20,000 (not AGI) would pay close to $3k in taxes. 5.5% of that amount would be less than $200 in savings under Obama's tax plan.

A single person with AGI of $20k would wind up with paying taxes on approximately $11k which would equal taxes of around $1,300 x 5.5% which would equal a savings of less than 100 bucks.

The figures are bogus as far as I can tell because if you multiply $10,310 x 5.5% you come up with $567, and there is no way someone grossing $19k will pay $10k plus in income taxes.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-19-2008 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    ... , and there is no way someone grossing $19k will pay $10k plus in income taxes.

Elect SnObama , then hide and watch that come to pass.

:eek:

Wait till the UN floats the idea of a world tax to help the poor. When Americans making 6 bucks an hour find out that they are well paid according to the UN and they owe tax, maybe, just maybe their attitude about taxation will change.