Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 What are Chemtrails? 
    If anyone could tell me in a few simple sentences I'd appreciate it?

They're condensed water vapor with a dose of crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    They used to be called contrails before the crazies looked up and noticed them.

They claim that at some point, there were suddenly more of them and that they started to behave differently than a contrail. They are either for mind control, weather control, or a vast right wing plot to heat up the globe.

I've always thought it would be ironic if they actually do behave differently than they used to because of some random environmentally friendly fuel additive the government mandated be used.
    ... certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

- Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    They're condensed water vapor with a dose of crazy.
    So why are people so nutty about them? What the hell could be in condensed water vapor that would affect the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    So why are people so nutty about them? What the hell could be in condensed water vapor that would affect the weather?
    They don't think they are condensed water vapor.

They think they are "chemicals" being used by "us" to alter them or their world.

Kinda like high altitude crop dusting.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    They don't think they are condensed water vapor.

They think they are "chemicals" being used by "us" to alter them or their world.

Kinda like high altitude crop dusting.
    Alter how? Like spreading carcinogens or viruses?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Alter how? Like spreading carcinogens or viruses?

Elspeth, the DUmmies just know they're there and they're bad and
    that eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil conservatives are behind them.

I mean really, do those morons need anything else????:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

Actually, I wondered how the myth got started and why. I remember in the 90s how the militias were convinced that the black helicopters were coming to attack US citizens and I wondered the same thing: how do these ideas catch on. (Not "why"--there are always paranoid people, but how these people pull others in.)

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post

We've got a live one!

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Actually, I wondered how the myth got started and why. I remember in the 90s how the militias were convinced that the black helicopters were coming to attack US citizens and I wondered the same thing: how do these ideas catch on. (Not "why"--there are always paranoid people, but how these people pull others in.)
    I perfer to think of the as Kooktrails.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Blame it on superior air quality. Chemtrails are one of my very favorite subjects because crackpots all over Colorado call me to share the fear.

Way back in the day, most major metro areas had such crappy visibility that no one ever even saw contrails (which is what these really are). When they did see them, it was infrequent. Thanks to the Clean Air Act, visibility has improved sight out of mind in a lot of areas and so contrails are seen often.

The pot-addled Coast-to-Coast crowd immediately started "wondering" about all these new, very frequent contrails. Contrails became "chemtrails" and middle-aged hippies throughout America suddenly had a new fear: government chemical experimentation.

I don't doubt that the government is illegally experimenting on people in small ways (they always have) but they aren't doing it in conjunction with Southwest airlines. As others have pointed out, contrails are just condensation or very rarely, a fuel dump. Get as excited as you want about planes falling out of the sky but don't give the water vapor a second thought. ;)