Thread: Jesse "The Body" Ventura Versus Al "Sissy Boi" Franken

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Jesse "The Body" Ventura Versus Al "Sissy Boi" Franken 
    Jesse Ventura To Run for Senate?
    July 09, 2008 9:20 AM

In an interview with NPR's David Welna that ran today former Gov. Jesse "The Body" Ventura, Ind-Minn., sounds like he may run for Senate, challenging incumbent Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., whom Ventura defeated for governor in 1998, as well as Democratic nominee and former Saturday Night Live humorist Al Franken.

Ventura, born Jim Janos, tells Welna that the main reason he would run is because of Coleman's support for the war in Iraq. "That's the reason I run," he says. "I run because it angers me...All you Minnesotans take a good hard look at all three of us. And you decide: if you were in a dark alley which one of the three of us would you want with you?

Ventura had a stormy tenure as governor and horrible relations with the Minnesota press corps. Thus, it was the June issue of a local wine magazine where he chose to drop hints about his pending campaign.

"I'm not a politician, I'm a statesman," he told Wineheads. "I do one term, and then I go back to the private sector. If I get back into the fray again this year, it's only because I've been gone five years back to the private sector. That's what I did when I was mayor. That's a statesman. That's not a career politician."
    Lord help us if our political choices come down to pro wrestlers and girly comics.

ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Lord help us if our political choices come down to pro wrestlers and girly comics.

ABC

Look on the bright side...

Maybe he'll bust a folding chair over Franken at one of the debates. :D

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    Look on the bright side...

Maybe he'll bust a folding chair over Franken at one of the debates. :D
    I bet that would work on a lot of lefties. :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

ABC
    Whats better 'Wide Stance Men's Room Homos' or Democrat Congressional Circus clowns ?

I can attest, Jesse is a no non sense type of guy. He was elected mayor of Brooklyn Park, Mn when I lived there. The incumbent mayor claimed they needed more taxes. Jesse ran on no new taxes pledge. Needless to say, there was a $74million dollar bankroll the city had. Jesse told that to the voters once he found out and the rest is history.

I say Jesse in an interview where he declared he still didn't understand how the third building collapsed on 9/11.I say get this loon in the Senate. He'll fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    I say Jesse in an interview where he declared he still didn't understand how the third building collapsed on 9/11.I say get this loon in the Senate. He'll fit right in.

I saw that too (LKL?) I used to kind of like Ventura but he came over as a fruitcake on the show I saw.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Goldwater
    Ventura doesn't believe in a conspiracy, although he believes there are questions unanswered and things the government aren't being clear about. I'm not really sure what the hell that means.

Former Governor Jesse Ventura Says WTC Collapse a Controlled Demolition

According to an appearance on the Alex Jones Show, former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura blasted the official 9/11 story - citing that evidence disproves the government's claims that jet fuel melted the Twin Towers' steel girders.

"How could those buildings fall at the speed of gravity - if you put a stopwatch on them both of those World Trade Center buildings were on the ground in ten seconds - how can that be?" asked Ventura. "Never before in the annals of history has a fire caused a steel structure building to fall to the ground like these two did."

Ventura said he was convinced the collapses of the towers and WTC Building 7 were too similar to the controlled demolition of Las Vegas hotels. Ventura has experience with explosives from Basic Underwater Demolition SEAL training and believes unequivocally the buildings were deliberately imploded."I was on the site within two weeks after it happened and I saw none of these pancakes - wouldn't they all be piled up in a huge mass on the ground and yet everything was blown into dust - when you look at it from that aspect none of it makes any sense," Ventura told the Alex Jones Show.
    It's on youtube too.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Eyelids
    They very well could have demolished WTC 7 to set up a sort of firewall and keep anything from spreading through the city. These are the types of things we are better off being lied to about... there is no way in hell the U.S. government perpetrated those attacks but I'm sure there are some measures they took (shooting down United 93 and blowing up WTC 7) that were wholly necessary and justifiable but would've been hugely unpopular with the public.