1. #1 Chicken Cordon Bleu 
    First time I did this in the oven! It came out very good, thank you Tyler Florence!
    Served it with some blanched and sauteed broccoli and some sauteed assorted mushrooms.

Ingredients
    4 chicken breasts , skinless and boneless
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    8 thin slices deli ham
    16 thin slices Gruyere cheese
    2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
    1/4 cup flour
    1 cup panko bread crumbs
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons water
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Take care not to pound too hard because the meat may tear or create holes. Lay 2 slices of cheese on each breast, followed by 2 slices of ham, and 2 more of cheese; leaving a 1/2-inch margin on all sides to help seal the roll. Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll. Squeeze the log gently to seal.

Season the flour with salt and pepper; spread out on waxed paper or in a flat dish. Mix the breadcrumbs with thyme, kosher salt, pepper, and oil. The oil will help the crust brown. Beat together the eggs and water, the mixture should be fluid. Lightly dust the chicken with flour, then dip in the egg mixture. Gently coat in the bread crumbs. Carefully transfer the roulades to a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes until browned and cooked through.

The fun part, assembly!

Cordon Bleu!

The other stuff.

Once again, stuffed! I gotta start a diet soon!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Very nice pics!

I've made this a few times and it's very good but kind of fussy. A Russian friend of mine taught me to wrap it so the butter actually spurts out (I use the old school butter recipe).

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    First time I did this in the oven! It came out very good, thank you Tyler Florence!
    Served it with some blanched and sauteed broccoli and some sauteed assorted mushrooms.

Ingredients
    4 chicken breasts , skinless and boneless
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    8 thin slices deli ham
    16 thin slices Gruyere cheese
    2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
    1/4 cup flour
    1 cup panko bread crumbs
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons water
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay the chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, gently pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Take care not to pound too hard because the meat may tear or create holes. Lay 2 slices of cheese on each breast, followed by 2 slices of ham, and 2 more of cheese; leaving a 1/2-inch margin on all sides to help seal the roll. Tuck in the sides of the breast and roll up tight like a jellyroll. Squeeze the log gently to seal.

Season the flour with salt and pepper; spread out on waxed paper or in a flat dish. Mix the breadcrumbs with thyme, kosher salt, pepper, and oil. The oil will help the crust brown. Beat together the eggs and water, the mixture should be fluid. Lightly dust the chicken with flour, then dip in the egg mixture. Gently coat in the bread crumbs. Carefully transfer the roulades to a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes until browned and cooked through.

The fun part, assembly!

Cordon Bleu!

The other stuff.

Once again, stuffed! I gotta start a diet soon!
    Do you have any fish oil capsules? You might need them with all that butter squirting out.

The doc told SR to start using them. I decided to use them, too, and cut down on the anti-choleresterol drugs. Those statins can be treacherous to the muscles.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Do you have any fish oil capsules? You might need them with all that butter squirting out.

The doc told SR to start using them. I decided to use them, too, and cut down on the anti-choleresterol drugs. Those statins can be treacherous to the muscles.
    Hey thats Gingers recipe with butter! Thats the gruyere cheese oozing out! :D
    But I wish I would have thought of putting butter in there, bacon too!:D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

One of my favorite dishes in Germany...

Looks great and pretty easy. Thanks, Pat.

The original or 'old school' recipe uses a lot of butter. I wouldn't worry about the fat content (from any source) since this isn't a meal anybody would eat every day. I make this maybe every 2 years. That meal isn't going to change anybody's baseline health one way or the other. ;)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    The original or 'old school' recipe uses a lot of butter. I wouldn't worry about the fat content (from any source) since this isn't a meal anybody would eat every day. I make this maybe every 2 years. That meal isn't going to change anybody's baseline health one way or the other. ;)
    Perhaps sour cream instead of butter would taste better ?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Sounds like you have the begining's of a new classic Chicken dish .Perhaps Chicken Maitre Jacques ?