Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ExLiberal View Post
    Baby-cakes, or should I say baby-killer, snarkiness can only make you look so smart.
    Tell you what, since you're new here, let me give you some free advice. Don't address LindaNumbers as "baby-cakes", unless you have an un-natural desire to walk into a buzz-saw, or you really have a deep seated longing for public humiliation. :D

Power CUer
    Aww, thank you, Hamp, but I'm not picking fights. I asked her age because her emotional posts (and lack of knowledge about what went into the Constitution) make her seem very young. Posting that you want to vote for someone who will "ban" abortion outright is not very useful, because that's not how our laws work.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

It must be that simple b/c 64 million bought into the ideals of a radical,just say then collect your nobel prize....... sad
    GUNS do not kill pepole , free health care does

I have indeed! First woman to run for president.

I'll be 21 in December.

Sigh. Linda....you honestly think that the reason I'm emotional when debating abortion is because I'm young? Are you joking me? Do you know how many middle-aged men and women are out in front of abortion clinics screaming at women? Are they just "too young"? And this is something I would never even do. People get emotional arguing about abortion because it's LEGALIZED MASS MURDER, and it's a little hard (for a lot of people in this country) to see how desnsitized and cold-hearted people who support abortion have become. Not saying you're cold-hearted...but just saying that's why people against abortion get emotional when arguing the subject. I would think that would be obvious. Please don't try and use the patronizing "she's too young to know anything" bit. It's kind of a cop-out.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Aww, thank you, Hamp, but I'm not picking fights. I asked her age because her emotional posts (and lack of knowledge about what went into the Constitution) make her seem very young. Posting that you want to vote for someone who will "ban" abortion outright is not very useful, because that's not how our laws work.
    Posting that I want to ban abortion is not useful for what exactly? You? I was posting my opinion. Wasn't trying to be "useful". Also- as I said before....my arguing against abortion is NOT "because it's unconstitutional". It's because it is universally wrong. Any country whose laws uphold the legality of abortion must change their laws. This is what we fight against. The universal acceptance of abortion. Not "the unconstitutionality" (though some do fight against it for that reason). As I said, American lawmakers (or any lawmakers) are not infallible, so I'm not going to let the current law get in the way of fighting for justice. Sometimes it seems this goes in circles when people tell me "banning abortion would go against our law". It's like protesting "overturning roe v. wade will overturn roe v. wade." Yes, that's the whole point. Our point is to change the evil law we have in place. So please make note that I am arguing from a universal perspective. Not solely an American one. Murder is wrong no matter what country it's in.

And obviously it would be a lot more than just overturning roe v. wade. Everyone knows that. Hence why I mentioned what other steps he should take. It requires a great social change.
    Last edited by ExLiberal; 10-10-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Tell you what, since you're new here, let me give you some free advice. Don't address LindaNumbers as "baby-cakes", unless you have an un-natural desire to walk into a buzz-saw, or you really have a deep seated longing for public humiliation. :D
    Who's humiliated?

Power CUer
    [first part of post cut]

And obviously it would be a lot more than just overturning roe v. wade. Everyone knows that. Hence why I mentioned what other steps he should take. It requires a great social change.
    Overturning the law requires following the mechanisms of our law; that was the point I was trying to make. One person who's elected to office can't just wave a magic wand ans say "abortion is banned".

I agree with you on the social change. Many young people protest against abortion, and there's the social change - if those of reproductive age Just Say No, abortion won't be an issue any more. If you think it's wrong, be sure you teach your children to think so too.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Sigh. Linda....you honestly think that the reason I'm emotional when debating abortion is because I'm young? Are you joking me? Do you know how many middle-aged men and women are out in front of abortion clinics screaming at women? Are they just "too young"? And this is something I would never even do. People get emotional arguing about abortion because it's LEGALIZED MASS MURDER, and it's a little hard (for a lot of people in this country) to see how desnsitized and cold-hearted people who support abortion have become. Not saying you're cold-hearted...but just saying that's why people against abortion get emotional when arguing the subject. I would think that would be obvious. Please don't try and use the patronizing "she's too young to know anything" bit. It's kind of a cop-out.
    I merely asked a question. I notice that you gave a very long response, and didn't answer it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Overturning the law requires following the mechanisms of our law; that was the point I was trying to make. One person who's elected to office can't just wave a magic wand ans say "abortion is banned".

I agree with you on the social change. Many young people protest against abortion, and there's the social change - if those of reproductive age Just Say No, abortion won't be an issue any more. If you think it's wrong, be sure you teach your children to think so too.
    I absolutely agree. I teach anyone I possibly can. I think we all know abortion won't end with a wave of a wand. It's too embedded, our culture is too desensitized, and women are so exploited by this crime that they continue to think it's actually empowering for them. Brainwashing takes a while to reverse. The "just say no" or "choose life" mentality is exactly where we need to be. But as I said before in another post, so many of the feminists within the pro-choice movement won't even have that. They don't WANT the attitude of society being one that looks down on abortion and prefers life. Why? Because they view it as a threat to their cause that will ultimately lead to the overturning of RvW. Even if we tried to end abortion in a social manner as opposed to a legal manner, the PC movement would be putting up a fight. The old "nobody's pro-abortion" would've stood valid maybe 50 years ago. But not now. Boiling frog syndrome, folks.