Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I merely asked a question. I notice that you gave a very long response, and didn't answer it. :)
    I did answer! See above?

Power CUer
    Sorry, I saw #25 but not the previous one. You'll note how early it was. I see I was right.
    You were also right about Woodhull - do you know about her "free love" doctrine? ;)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Sorry, I saw #25 but not the previous one. You'll note how early it was. I see I was right.
    You were also right about Woodhull - do you know about her "free love" doctrine? ;)
    Yes I do. Free love is disgusting. Monogamy is forever.

Power CUer
    It just seems like forever. :) Welcome to CU.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    It just seems like forever. :) Welcome to CU.
    You are such a bitch.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I think she's sweet.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    A high compliment, from their Queen. :D ;)

Just to add a completely personal story to this, one of my daughter's friends...a young married woman with 3 kids, recently found out she was pregnant with her 4th despite the precautions they'd taken. As she had seen her employer find reason to fire every woman that became pregnant, she knew she'd lose her job...and her husband has been laid off and can't find work. So she aborted. A week later, they fired her anyway.

If abortion were illegal, she couldn't have gone through with this so quickly and easily. She would have still been pregnant when she was fired. She would not have been faced with the horrendous choice between caring for her other three and keeping the 4th. Now she is heartsick, horrified, angry at herself and her former employer...and she has the rest of her life to regret her "choice."

We all know that just about any church would have stepped forward to help her find a way to keep her baby, if anyone had known. Thanks to the ease of legalized murder, we didn't have that chance.

I don't know this woman, but I know her oldest child. He is a darling little guy, bright, cheerful, always happy...he occasionally comes to Sunday School with a neighbor. Undoubtedly, the child she aborted was just as adorable. My heart breaks for them all. This blood lays on the hands of every person who supports the abominable "choice" of murder for the unborn.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Power CUer
    Interesting scenario, Mrs. Smith, but I think she wildly overreacted to the job threat situation. If she had really wanted the child, that would not have dissuaded her.

Interesting scenario, Mrs. Smith, but I think she wildly overreacted to the job threat situation. If she had really wanted the child, that would not have dissuaded her.
    She did overreact, and you can thank feminism, the media, and the abortion industry for their lies, deception, and desperate exploitaion of women that have coddled women into soothing their consciences by treating abortion as birth control, which causes them to freely and feasibly make such ridiculously rash, bloody decisions. It's not the lack of sex education or access to contraception (go to a high school and find that out). It's a pandemic of a bunch of selfish pity-party cowards being fed a spoonfull of sugar from the abortion industry to make the baby go down (the trash incinerator, casually).

Yes it's no coincidence nor "fault of men" or lack of liberal education that's the problem. The blame is squarely on the woman, the abortionist, and the industry that attacks her conscience with a hot iron to sear it completely.
    Last edited by ExLiberal; 10-11-2009 at 09:41 PM.