Thread: Poll: Abortion Support Slips Since Obama's Election

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
    ok. i was just referring to women who are advised against having children for medical reasons. i see where the complication arose: i meant deadly to the woman giving birth
    Well that # is in the like..... 10s . You really think thats a valid arguement? The incest, rape and medical reasons are a fraction, a small fraction of the abortions in this country! I can't recall the number of abortions that are done in America every year, but I would bet its in the millions! You think they are all just little problems? What a lib!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
    sorry. let's take it down a notch shall we? this can be difficult for youth to sort out. so. ok.what i meant by "taking care of my shit" was simply that i take care of my issues, like birth control for example. what's wrong with that?
    It makes more sense when you take the time to make it clear. If everyone used birth control when needed, abortion would not be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Well that # is in the like..... 10s . You really think thats a valid arguement? The incest, rape and medical reasons are a fraction, a small fraction of the abortions in this country! I can't recall the number of abortions that are done in America every year, but I would bet its in the millions! You think they are all just little problems? What a lib!
    Rape, incest, life of mom, is their mantra. Cowardice, selfishness, shallowness, iniquity, and delusion are their actual reasons.
    When life hands you lemons, make your husband a lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by ExLiberal View Post
    Rape, incest, life of mom, is their mantra. Cowardice, selfishness, shallowness, iniquity, and delusion are their actual reasons.
    Not to mention hatred of children and hatred of people in general.

They seem to think their doing the world a favor by culling the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    oh yeah! im so sorry! the other reasons for having a legit abortion are...fabricated? ah, you can say "what a lib!" all night long but it really doesnt resonate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier09 View Post

You're absolutely right. As I mentioned in another post, many people (as evidenced by the DU forum) are slowly but surely creeping towards the pro-abortion stance, rather than the typical pro-choice stance. A lot of this is attributed (as much of abortion exaltation is) to the lingering anger for the patriarchy of the past, and the fact that motherhood was forced upon women. The 'I Kill Babies Hear Me Roar' crowd led by people like Gloria Steinem who unabashedly brag about and romanticize their murders as pivotal in their journey of womanhood, empowerment, independence, and self-esteem continue to perpetuate this anger toward men, babies, and society in general. But a lot of it is also bred by these environmental wackos and their relentless global warming/overpopulation scare tactics. It's a utilitarian tactic to evade the moral debate on the sanctity of human life by making it seem like they truly do care about mankind and its survival. Just another dollop of sugar on the bloody baby's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier09 View Post

www.vhemt.org

I agree 100%. Well put. One immoral issue such as abortion is enough for anyone to turn away.

Abortions will always be performed in this country, regardless of what the law allows and whether Roe v Wade remains the law of the land or not. If it's illegal, more women will die as a result.

What I do know is that it is not fair to state that anyone who votes pro choice hates children. Not everyone believes that life begins at conception, or even at implantation. That doesn't mean that those same people hate children. Even a woman who undergoes an abortion doesn't necessarily hate children.

If the anti-abortion side continues to define the problem as legalized abortion, they will not get any of the changes that they want. Using hyperbolic speech and calling slightly over half of americans "baby killers" is not going to change anything. It's not going to lower the numbers of women seeking abortions and it's not going to change the minds of enough voters to change the laws. Criminalizing women who feel desperate is not going to win over the amount of public sympathy that would be needed to make abortion illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You don't have the power of numbers behind you. The populace never ranks abortion higher than #5 or #6 on a list of political issues.

Any looney who "banned" abortion would be acting illegally and unconstitutionally, so voting for him/her would be equally looney.
    That is true as long as the Supreme Court doesn't opt to reverse Roe s Wade and declare that abortion is not a privacy issue. At that point the ball is back in the state's court and a state ban is not out of the question.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis