Thread: Life on Mars?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    And how exactly do you figure that?
    Read the Bible. :)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    It can't happen. God only made life on this planet. To state or claim that its happened elsewhere will get you an "E" ticket to Hell. Man's supposed discoveries are nothing. He is everything.
    You know, I'm pretty much of a traditionalist and I read the bible all the time. I hang out with people who would look like major fundies to a secularist. Never have I ever heard any such assertion made by my fellow Christians. I'm not saying that no Christian has ever made such an assertion in 21st century but I've just never heard it and it would be considered laughable by my fundy friends.

It's fine to criticize Christianity but do it off issues that have some kind of wide consensus within the religion. Criticizing inaccurate stereotypes that were hopelessly outdated 50 years is a waste of time. It's like poking fun at "women drivers". The issue may have had a grain of truth 80 years ago but it's a non-issue today.

And how exactly do you figure that?
    He's being an ass. He thinks it witty to mock the Christian faith. My suggestion is that you ignore him.
    Last edited by Full-Auto; 05-30-2008 at 11:47 AM.
    I like to shoot people with my CANON.

Read the Bible. :)
    The Bible tells you all the things you need to know, not everything there is to know. I believe we are created in His image, and we (are suppose to) have common sense. Why would He create the vastness of space with all the galaxies and put life on only this one planet. It just don't make sense.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

The Bible tells you all the things you need to know, not everything there is to know. I believe we are created in His image, and we (are suppose to) have common sense. Why would He create the vastness of space with all the galaxies and put life on only this one planet. It just don't make sense.
    Because we are, by definition, so special to Him.

This isn’t "mocking" anything. The Bible is the word of God. It’s doesn’t require a 2.0 version. It is absolute and irrefutable our time. UFO’s are something created in the minds of men and have nothing to do with God. If these supposed sightings were of God - then He’d have chronicled such in his word.

He is time and space - so size is really relevant.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Because we are, by definition, so special to Him.

This isn’t "mocking" anything. The Bible is the word of God. It’s doesn’t require a 2.0 version. It is absolute and irrefutable our time. UFO’s are something created in the minds of men and have nothing to do with God. If these supposed sightings were of God - then He’d have chronicled such in his word.

He is time and space - so size is really relevant.
    My wife is special to me, so that means none of you exist in my world. Whoa!:eek:
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

My wife is special to me, so that means none of you exist in my world. Whoa!:eek:
    Did you create her?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Did you create her?
    Do you have kids? Are they the only kids on earth? I can't believe I'm arguing that something not in the Bible could exist against a liberal saying it can't be so. Oh my God, cats and dogs living together.:o

The Bible tells you all the things you need to know, not everything there is to know.
    Maybe your post shown here will explain my perspective.

Maybe, just maybe - we’ve got all we need to know right here in the paradise that He created for us and wandering off into the cosmos isn’t part of God’s plan. Again, just because we can do it - doesn’t necessarily mean we should. Kind of like the lesson we should have learned about nuclear weapons. See now?

Maybe your post shown here will explain my perspective.

Maybe, just maybe - we’ve got all we need to know right here in the paradise that He created for us and wandering off into the cosmos isn’t part of God’s plan. Again, just because we can do it - doesn’t necessarily mean we should. Kind of like the lesson we should have learned about nuclear weapons. See now?
    But, what if beings from the cosmos come here?

BTW, you better get your alibi straight.
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...-tape-no-fake/