1. #1 Graham, er Gramm, Out From McCain Campaign 
    July 18, 2008 8:21 PM

The McCain campaign was very eager to get this announcement out there, from top economic adviser and controversial former Sen. Phil Gramm, R-Texas:

"It is clear to me that Democrats want to attack me rather than debate Sen. McCain on important economic issues facing the country," Gramm said in a statement. "That kind of distraction hurts not only Sen. McCain's ability to present concrete programs to deal with the country's problems, it hurts the country. To end this distraction and get on with the real debate, I hereby step down as co-chair of the McCain campaign and join the growing number of rank-and-file McCain supporters."

How eager were the McCainiacs to get this out there? One of them e-mailed it out with the subject line: "phil graham statement."

Whoops! It's GRAMM not Graham, as an e-mail from the same McCainiac sent out three minutes later corrected, noting that he was "in a hurry to get that out to you guys."

On a Friday night at 7:45 p.m.?

- jpt

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...-er-gramm.html
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I agree with Phil Gramm that Americans are a nation of whiners; many Americans have never experienced a bad recession and very few have seen a depression.
    Ooooookay.....:p
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

If I owned an original Cobra (not a kit car or a knock off), I would be damn happy. I would not drive the sucker 30mph to work or bitch about the price of av. gas either. Yes, Mr Gramm has got his shit together. Liberals are in a mental recession. Is that you?

Come on post that horrible 5.5% unemployment figures again.
    Let's make one thing perfectly clear, Old Gas Bag - Nobody drives a 'Side-Oiler': You climb in and hang the fuck on.

Banned
    If McCain get elected, I hope he listens to guys like Gramm and Newt when it comes to economic and tax policies.

Is this going to be the big potato(E) story? Must have been a slow day in the news room.

Is this going to be the big potato(E) story? Must have been a slow day in the news room.

Actually - if you knew anything about the news business you'd realize McCain's group waited until tonight to announce this so this story would hopefully die over the weekend. Oldest trick in the book.;)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Let's make one thing perfectly clear, Old Gas Bag - Nobody drives a 'Side-Oiler': You climb in and hang the fuck on.
    You are the one that said you drive it like an old lady because it sucks up a lot of av gas. I could give a shit about the price of gas. My 350Z was meant to be driven fast and I give it hell.

Banned
    Actually - if you knew anything about the news business you'd realize McCain's group waited until tonight to announce this so this story would hopefully die over the weekend. Oldest trick in the book.;)
    I was not commenting about the timing of the story, Dick Tracy; I was commenting about the author making a big deal out of the misspelling of Gramm's name. Got it!

I was not commenting about the timing of the story, Dick Tracy; I was commenting about the author making a big deal out of the misspelling of Gramm's name. Got it!

Oh, well okay then. Carry on.;)

I got yer side-oiler's daddy in my shop as we speak, buck-o:)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    I got yer side-oiler's daddy in my shop as we speak, buck-o:)
    I see big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ coming your way.:)