Thread: Fake Virginity Kit Alarms Real Muslims.

1. #1 Fake Virginity Kit Alarms Real Muslims. 
    Egyptian Lawmakers to Ban Kit That Helps Women Fake Virginity
    Monday, October 05, 2009

The Artificial Virginity Hymen kit, distributed by the Chinese company Gigimo, costs about $30.

CAIRO Conservative Egyptian lawmakers have called for a ban on imports of a Chinese-made kit meant to help women fake their virginity and one scholar has even called for the "exile" of anyone who imports or uses it.

The Artificial Virginity Hymen kit, distributed by the Chinese company Gigimo, costs about $30. It is intended to help newly married women fool their husbands into believing they are virgins culturally important in a conservative Middle East where sex before marriage is considered by many to be illicit. The product leaks a blood-like substance when inserted and broken.

Gigimo advertises shipping to every Arab country. But the company did not answer e-mails and phone calls seeking comment on whether it had orders from Egypt or other parts of the Middle East.

The fracas started when a reporter from Radio Netherlands broadcast an Arabic translation of the Chinese advertisement of the product. That set off fears of conservative parliament members that Egyptian women might start ordering the kits.

Sheik Sayed Askar, a member of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood who is on the parliamentary committee on religious affairs, said the kit will make it easier for Egyptian women to give in to temptation. He demanded the government take responsibility for fighting the product to uphold Egyptian and Arab values.

"It will be a mark of shame on the ruling party if it allowed this product to enter the market," he said in a notice posted on the Brotherhood's parliament Web site on Sept. 15.

The Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's largest political opposition group, holds 88 of Egypt's 454 parliament seats.

Prominent Egyptian religious scholar Abdel Moati Bayoumi said anyone who imports the artificial hymen should be punished.

"This product encourages illicit sexual relations. Islamic culture forbids these relations except within the confines of marriage," Bayoumi said. "I think this should absolutely not be allowed to be exported because it brings more harm than benefits. Whoever does it (imports it) should be punished."

In a country and a region where pre-marital sex is so taboo it can even lead to a woman's murder, the debate over the virginity-faking kit has revived Egypt's constant struggle to reconcile modern mores with more traditional beliefs namely, that a woman is not a virgin unless she bleeds after the first time.
    Fox

I'd rather give the women in the muslim world assault rifles and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Many of them have them but they fight for their own enslavement.

My, my........haven't you come a long way? :p

I don't care who you are. That's funny.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    My, my........haven't you come a long way? :p

I'm a liberal feminist who recognizes the dangers radical Islam presents women who live in countries they rule. I've never been a ban all guns type of liberal, but I'm even more accepting of them, these days.

I'm a liberal feminist who recognizes the dangers radical Islam presents women who live in countries they rule. I've never been a ban all guns type of liberal, but I'm even more accepting of them, these days.
    LOL! We'll get you out to the range yet! :D