Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Death To The European Wasp People! 
    No, this isn't about Hampshirebrit. We just dismantled five wasp hives. :mad:

We go on wasp patrol about once a week in the summer and routinely knock down (and gleefully burn) little proto-hives. This morning I noticed a lot of wasps in the yard. On close inspection, we had one bunch inside a wind chime, 2 bunches in two different open work metal fish designed to hold tea lights, and 2 under the eves.

I hate wasps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    No, this isn't about Hampshirebrit. We just dismantled five wasp hives. :mad:

We go on wasp patrol about once a week in the summer and routinely knock down (and gleefully burn) little proto-hives. This morning I noticed a lot of wasps in the yard. On close inspection, we had one bunch inside a wind chime, 2 bunches in two different open work metal fish designed to hold tea lights, and 2 under the eves.

I hate wasps.
    Glad to hear it's not about me.

I go on spider patrol every other day. Spiders are a major polutant in my house. Since I have a brand new all-white bathroom, they are easy to spot, and easy to hoover up.

I have a hoover-to-kill policy on spiders now. Eight legged multi-eyed little bastards.

Wasps? They piss the cat off, so I let 'em live ... for a while.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I made DS get rid of a home the little bastards had made right outside the living room window. I noticed yesterday that they were already rebuilding again. :mad:
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I made DS get rid of a home the little bastards had made right outside the living room window. I noticed yesterday that they were already rebuilding again. :mad:
    I thought about you last night as I was on the computer. Looked up and a big R was at the top of the ceiling. This sucker must have been a grandaddy cause it was the biggest one I have ever seen. It was too high up to swat so I got the raid and chemically doused it and watched him suffer with his twitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I couldn't believe how fast they did this! I used to have a neutral feeling about them until I was stung by one. Sort like libs until they get mugged.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    At least you don't have any fire ants.:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    At least you don't have any fire ants.:D
    No, we have bears.

Seriously, there aren't fire ants in St. Louis are there?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    No, we have bears.

Seriously, there aren't fire ants in St. Louis are there?
    Nope, they can't take the winters. I hope. :D We have bears too though.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Goldwater
    No creatures dares make a base or sleep for the night at my empire, except for beautiful women, I do not stamp on or remove them.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I thought about you last night as I was on the computer. Looked up and a big R was at the top of the ceiling. This sucker must have been a grandaddy cause it was the biggest one I have ever seen. It was too high up to swat so I got the raid and chemically doused it and watched him suffer with his twitching.
    The ceiling?!!?:eek: I would have left the house screaming in terror. And you haven't seen big until you..wait, I don't want to remember.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III