Thread: Friday Fanfare

1. #1 Friday Fanfare 
    Power CUer
    Gorgeously sunny in DC today; it will be 80ish, then in the 60s all weekend.

TOTD: Obama's winning the Nobel Peace Prize is assumed to be a backhand at the Bush administration for how it played with others in the world, and a welcoming of a new relationship between America and other countries.
    What do you think is important for America in terms of its place in the world? Is it important what other countries think of us?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

TOTD: I think it's important in a sense that other countries know they can rely on us if they are attacked, suffer natural disasters, etc... which is something that never changed. The Bush administration never hesitated when it went to lending a hand.

But when it comes to putting our own interests over their sensibilities... well the rest of the world can go fuck itself for all we should care.

Pres. Bush may not have had the best domestic policy, but in my opinion he hit a home run with his foreign policy. And if the douche bags in Sweden disagree, well fuck em.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    TOTD: I think it's important in a sense that other countries know they can rely on us if they are attacked, suffer natural disasters, etc... which is something that never changed. The Bush administration never hesitated when it went to lending a hand.

But when it comes to putting our own interests over their sensibilities... well the rest of the world can go fuck itself for all we should care.

Pres. Bush may not have had the best domestic policy, but in my opinion he hit a home run with his foreign policy. And if the douche bags in Sweden disagree, well fuck em.
    TOTD: QFT
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

It's sunny now and we'll hit the 50s today before sinking down to a high in the low 30s tomorrow with - you guessed it - snow.

TOTD: It's probably time to stop propping up Europe. Sure, they have cool cities and we adore their shoes but being forced to pay out for their defense while simultaneously being bitch slapped at every juncture is getting old. We can't get out of NATO, of course, but maybe we can downsize or eliminate a number of bases (how's that local economy doing now?).

I'd like to see us develop our own resources, not pay the Saudis for the oil we don't buy, and start kicking illegal aliens of all colors out of the country. I'm an isolationist at heart even though I know that stance isn't really realistic at the moment. If the rest of the world didn't like a new 'America First' position then I guess we just won't be going to the Prom next year.

We should still provide humanitarian aid, of course.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post

This ...

TOTD: What do you think is important for America in terms of its place in the world?

We need to keep bombing the shit out of those that hate us!