#1 Baucus Health Care Bill is Financed on the Backs of Seniors
10-09-2009, 09:59 AM
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
Much of the Baucus version of the Obamacare bill is being paid for by raiding the wallets of America's seniors, many of whom are on fixed incomes and cannot afford the extra expense.
Half the tab of the Bausus is being paid for via cuts to Medicare. Another provision in the bill would tax the manufacturers of medical devices and replacement parts.
Of course those higher costs will be passed on to consumers. Most, Among the items selected be taxed are products mostly used by Seniors including Pacemakers, Hip joint replacements, Powered wheelchairs, Hearing aids, and Prosthetic heart valve rotators.
Who would pay the $829 billion tab for the Baucus plan?
* 47 percent - $426 billion in cuts to Medicare
* 22 percent - $201 billion in taxes on high-end insurance policies
* 20 percent - $180 billion in additional revenue, including annual fees on the pharmaceutical, insurance and medical device industries
* 9 percent - $83 billion in new income taxes
* 2 percent - $23 billion in penalties paid by employers
* Less than 1 percent - $16 billion in revenue from changes in Medicare and Medicaid
* Less than 1 percent - $4 billion in penalties paid by the uninsured
10-09-2009, 10:49 AM
- Join Date
- May 2008
Ex Congressman Claude Pepper of FL, a democrat and crusader for the elderly, must be turning over in his grave.
Last edited by lacarnut; 10-09-2009 at 10:52 AM.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|