Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think most folks would like to see this end. But I believe this fight against Islamics has and will go on for some time. We have been fighting these assholes for decades we just haven't really noticed it. But now it has escalated to bombs and bullets since 9-11. These guys are making their move for world domination just as the axis powers did, and if we don't fight back we could sentence that beautiful little girl and all in her generation to a world that would frankly suck.

Pretty much same thing as with the progressives.
    Last edited by Bongo55; 11-01-2009 at 07:14 PM.
    Onward Thru the Fog

Has nothing to do with "breaking point", has to do with committing our best to endless wars without an end game in mind.... or even the sightest notion of arriving at a concept for an end game.

There IS a big difference in being willing to sacrifice one's life for a reason.... it is another to be required to do so in perpetuation of "political expediancy".

I can think of a good solution, require the next battalion committed to Afghanistan to consist of our Congresscritters and their children. Bet a "solution" would be arrived at before deployment date! ;)

..... all this, all the American lives, all the National Treasure, all the death and destruction brought upon the Nations we "went into" and we STILL haven't "broken" the originators of 9/11..... ostensibly the reason why we got into it in the first place.

You DO see my concern, yes? It's called "FOCUS OF INTENT"! I don't believe we had one going in, let alone now. Once again we "fight" ghosts..... they will be there after we leave. Result...... moderate damage to the enemy, but the enemy and his reason for existance will still exist. Bush WAS right about one thing.... they are "in it" for the long run, we have never shown much patience for "long run" wars. Advantage.... their's!

LS
    The first sign of impending serfdom is when you trade your self determination, your individual responsibility and your vote to the Government in return for subsistance. -LS-

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    I think most folks would like to see this end. But i believe this fight against Islamics has and will go on for some time. We have been fighting these assholes for decades we just haven't really noticed it. But now it has escalated to bombs and bullets since 9-11. These guy are making their move for world domination just as the axis powers did, and if we don't fight back we could sentence that beautiful little girl and all in her generation to a world that would frankly suck.

Pretty much same thing as with the progressives.
    I read the first paragraph and got ready to reply with an observation that you summed up quite well in your last sentence.

It's a bit depressing to realize that our own duly elected Government is adding to the "suck factor" so readily.

Oh well, I have been a long ascriber to the political theory that a Nation gets exactly the Government it deserves. In the case of "duly elected Governments" it only takes a majority of voters (legit or not) to accomplish the same result.

In my youth I thought that America could evolve into the shining example of all that a Nation and it's Government could be. As it turns out we have done nothing more than to prove that vitually every Government eventually becomes too powerful, too greedy, too corrupt and unmanagable for the citizenry to "control". Whereupon, the Government then "controls" the citizenry.

Oooooops.

LS
    The first sign of impending serfdom is when you trade your self determination, your individual responsibility and your vote to the Government in return for subsistance. -LS-

MY BAD! Just noticed the "no politics" addendum to this forum heading.

I hereby apologize and offer my "mea culpa".

Write it off to a newbie error of judgement, or reading disability, if you MUST! LOL!

LS