Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Zer-0 rolls Medal of Honor recipient Max Cleland under the bus. Wheelchair and all. 
    Another day, another dumping

Democratic Sen. Barack Obama rolls Medal of Honor recipient Max Cleland under the bus. Wheelchair and all.

Obama had invited Democrat Cleland, a former senator from Georgia and a disabled Vietnam veteran, to join him in a fundraiser in Atlanta on July 8.

He uninvited him because Cleland is an evil, money-grubbing, influence-peddling lobbyist.

Who does he lobby for?

“Cleland is registered to lobby for a company whose products are aimed at helping soldiers recover more quickly from battlefield injuries, Tissue Regeneration Technologies,” reported Ben Smith at Politico.

Hey, Obama, here’s a quarter. Buy yourself some class.

Cleland voted for the Iraq War resolution in 2002, so I’m guessing Obama’s antiwar supporters are smiling.

Sonnabend
    Not being nasty, but can we please confirm that Max Cleland is a MoH recipient?

I cant find it...and I'd rather we checked for accuracy.

Good catch.I just copied it.

I think he got the Silver and Bronze Star.

I better go get some more sleep.;)

(I just looked, someone caught it at the original site)

Banned
    If Obama is elected, he will do the same thing as Carter did and that was to slash funding for the VA. You can book it. Many democraps like Bubba have disdain for the men of the military, benefits (pay) and programs. Max Cleland unlike that asshole Clark is a hero in my opinion.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    If Obama is elected, he will do the same thing as Carter did and that was to slash funding for the VA. You can book it. Many democraps like Bubba have disdain for the men of the military, benefits (pay) and programs. Max Cleland unlike that asshole Clark is a hero in my opinion.

They both served honorably while they were in the military. What they have done since is another story.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Good catch.I just copied it.

I think he got the Silver and Bronze Star.

I better go get some more sleep.;)

(I just looked, someone caught it at the original site)
    Without looking it up I seem to remember that Cleland got wounded while on a beer run, or something like that. I may have him mixed up with someone else but I seem to remember that his injury was not combat related.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    I think he dropped one of his own grenades and that is what caused his injuries. It does not make him a hero, but he did serve honorably and that does.

The way the left plays it though, is as if he received his wounds taking out two enemy divisions while rescuing an platoon of injured soldiers single handedly.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Cleland did not get reelected in Georgia because he was Left Wing. He really pandered to the Unions. He did not represent the Conservative values of the people of Georgia very well.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    What I remember was that Cleland and some other soldiers were getting off a helicopter to set up a relay radio tower to improve communication from the units engaged in combat to the support units in the rear. He got off the helicopter and saw a grenade on the ground. He went for it to throw it and it went off.

This was in the news a lot here in Georgia during the campaign between Cleland and Saxby Chamblis.

My recollection was that this was during the battle at or around Khe San.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Could it be that BHO threw Cleland under the bus because the Messiah is looking at Nunn for VP and wants as little fuel for the fire to be burned if he has a clean shot at Georgia with a "conservative" Nunn?