1. #1 Australians: Post-Race Miracle Humans or Racist Idiots? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Earlier today, I slogged about the Australian television show that horrified guest star Harry Connick Jr. by featuring a ridiculous act in blackface.

Every one of the comments on my post has seconded Connick's horror, with some noting the old-school racism that still pervades Australia as a whole.

But check out these presumably Australian YouTube comments:

typical... why do americans have to be so politically correct it was done as a laugh. Australia have a sense of humor. He's only said anything so he doesnt get in trouble back in the land of the 'free'! Don't ever invite him back.
    The fact is this is AUSTRALIA and the majority of watchers find it entertaining we should no apologise because we offend another nation. Do we apologise to middle eastern countries for our TV showing semi-naked women? Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love America but I do not believe their culture should influence our nation.
    if harry didn't open his stupid mouth this wouldnt be a problem, i swear some people just go looking for trouble
    There is nothing racist about this. It is a parody only of the Jackson Five, not black people in general. Quite besides that, Michael Jackson hasn't been black in a long time. Race and skin colour are simply not of any significance to us here, and are certainly not an indicator of a persons merit. That is why we feel comfortable joking about it. Other countries should take note and learn from us.
    http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/arc...-racist-idiots
    When Harry Met Blackface

Last night, American pop star/movie actor Harry Connick Jr. appeared as a judge on Australia's Gong Show-styled TV program Hey Hey It's Saturday. He was not entertained by what he saw, and in a friendly but pointed manner, eventually stops the show to explain why. Here's the whole shebang:

Hey Hey It's Saturday Reunion - Harry Connick Jr "blackface" incident.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmaF7...layer_embedded

Sonnabend
    Harry Connick Jr...celebutard, hypocrite and all around idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vtOt5mNEZE

Go home and stay there, jerkweed.

Didn't a couple of black entertainers do an entire movie in whiteface a few years ago? Where's the outrage?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Didn't a couple of black entertainers do an entire movie in whiteface a few years ago? Where's the outrage?
    Did anybody actually watch that movie?

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Did anybody actually watch that movie?
    You got me. I don't care about country club white girls or devious black male pretenders. It sounded like a loser on all levels.