1. #1 Some Friends of Bob 
    My grandmother always told me that it is imperative that you know your enemy. You have to know what he thinks, how he thinks and why he thinks. Keeping that in mind I was listening to some audio files put out by Bob Avakian. I think my granny would agree that ole Bob is at the top of the list. Bob is the Chairman of the Revolutionary Communist Party of the U.S.A.. There is a web site I ran across this evening, http://www.engagewithbobavakian.org/index.html. Engage is a group of like-minded individuals who want to project and protect the voice of Avakian. After reading their mission statement, I got the impression that if they believed there was a God, Bob would be sitting at his right hand, not Christ. There were some signatories on Engage that I recognized as well. Take a look at the entire list. It will scare the shit out of you when you see how many supporters of this man are professors at major universities. I noticed a number of religious leaders as well. I found that amusing considering the audio I was listening too was Avakian explaining why religion is a farce.

Remember, this man is the Chairman of the Revolutionary Communist Party of the U.S.A.. Just a few of his supporters include:

William Ayers, Prof., Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
    Ward Churchill, independent scholar
    Rickie Lee Jones, Singer
    Cindy Sheehan, congressional candidate, free speech advocate
    Cornel West, Professor of Religion, Princeton University
    Rhadames Rivera, SEIU local 1199 New York
    Alan Benchich, President, UAW Local 909
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    My grandmother always told me that it is imperative that you know your enemy. You have to know what he thinks, how he thinks and why he thinks.
    My grandmother mostly taught me how to make oatmeal cookies and things like that. :eek:
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    My grandmother mostly taught me how to make oatmeal cookies and things like that. :eek:
    I'm fortunate that my grandmother was a very smart lady.

Power CUer
    Mine was too, but she obviously wasn't as Machiavellian as yours! :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Mine was too, but she obviously wasn't as Machiavellian as yours! :)
    Well, I've quoted my grandmother, so now I'll quote my teenage son.

Whatever.

On Edit:

Whether you care to recognize it or not, there are people who are your mortal enemies. I am not saving they are evil by any measurable standard. But if their goals are so diametrically opposed to yours that if they are successful, it will cause you tremendous harm, then they are indeed your enemy. And with all due respect, if you can not appreciate that, then you are a fool.
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 10-12-2009 at 04:38 PM.